RFE on 485

Shyam_Megha
thanks..Sorry to ask you one more thing.
Did USCIS asked you to submit "Affadavits" and/or "Additional evidence" in addition to the "Reason for Late Registration". Please let me know.

The reason I am asking. I already have the birth certificate only late registration. If they did not ask for Affadavit, then I am also going to try to approach to Consulate General as per the thread if they would attach the reason:

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1778423#post1778423

It may be quick for me..
Kesab

Kesab: They asked for both. Its really good that you can have a quicker way out. If it works, just post it out so that others can take this route.

Thanks Shyam Megha...
........ I am also going to try to take a letter from Municipal Office like this for late registration reasoning":

There was no infrastructure available in India and it was not a requirement to register birth prior to 1969.

Majority of people have been still using school certificates after 1969 as official record of their birth dates.

Therefore, documentation such as school record, passports etc. have been accepted later on to register and issue birth certificates.
Please let me know if I am missing something. appreciate your input...

Your language is very reasonable and factual.

Frankly, I think USCIS is right in pushing the onus on us to prove beyond doubt that we have been honest in providing details on our background: that said, the letters I submitted did not have the reasoning behind the lack of registration at birth. I wish the best to you.

USCIS acknowledged receipt of my RFE response on Jan 2. On Jan 8 and Jan 9, both days I have what is being referred to as a "soft" LUD. The update dates change, but the message remains the same.

Any idea here??

Same here. My RFE response was acknoledged on Dec 19th and there were 2 soft LUDS on Jan 7th and Jan 8th.

Did any one get Eb2 approval from India in January? I don't see any in trackitt

hi

i had two soft lud on our i-485 yesterday(11/14) and today(11/15). are they still have some visa numbers left ? any insights ?

any news for shyam_megha, PBEC_Victim please update. thank you

Both I and my wife had LUD update on Jan 9th. We got an RFE for her (but not me), asking for evidence regarding the bona fides of marriage. It will be great if you can share your experiences on RFE with us.

Here is what USCIS specifically requested:
1. Birth certificates of children
2. Documents of joint ownership of property such as car title, house (grant deed or rental agreement), etc.
3. Joint income tax returns
4. Joint financial accounts such as bank statements
5. Spousal insurance coverage such as health insurance and life insurance

In my original application, I had submitted the marriage certificate (in English) from India. I can resubmit that.

Things that I plan to submit:
a) Marriage certificate from India.
b) Joint US income tax returns for 2006.
c) Joint bank statement.
d) Kaiser health insurance for spouse.
e) Joint credit card statements.

We do not have kids. No car title or house on joint name. No rental agreement or utility bills on joint name. We do not have life insurance.

Please let me know if these documents sound reasonable enough to convince USCIS. If there is anything else that I can provide, please do let me know.

Thanks a lot!
vinay.shah73@gmail.com

PS: I filed I-485 in Jan 2007 under EB-1 in Nebraska Service Center. My I-140 was also approved in Jan 2007. This was not a concurrent filing. I filed I-485 after getting I-140 approved. Got finger-print, EAD, AP in April.

No further updates. I was thinking of calling USCIS on the 1-800 #, but then thought does it matter now, given that the EB-2 Visa numbers have become unavailable “with immediate effect”.

The website says they will provide a written response to the RFE within 60 days of the RFE response receipt date—so just waiting till March 2 to see what they have to say.

I spoke to IO yesterday. She said no visa number was allocated to my case even though RFE was issued. So I have to wait till visa numbers of available. I am not sure whehter the theory that when one gets RFE he/she should have visa number assigned or it is just I am unlucky. :(

Long wait continues

I spoke to IO yesterday. She said no visa number was allocated to my case even though RFE was issued. So I have to wait till visa numbers of available. I am not sure whehter the theory that when one gets RFE he/she should have visa number assigned or it is just I am unlucky. :(

Long wait continues

At least someone is working on your case ... it is not gathering dust somewhere or shimming somebody's desk .....

PBEC_Victim: I could be wrong on this, but I think back in the days, when dates were not retrogressed this much and the Background check took almost a lifetime, having an RFE meant that things are mostly clear and someone is making final checks to the case, after which you get the 485 approved.

Sorry to sound negative, but the current reality is that visa dates are retrogressed way back. This gives USCIS enough time to sort through all the pending cases, send RFE's and have the cases ready...but not clearing them.

Last time, just after when USCIS made everything current, there were some very recent cases that were approved (kind of LIFO), because the older cases were still hanging fire. Probably USCIS is trying to plug this hole by making visa dates unavailable so that they can clear the cases as they come, but approve them on a FIFO basis. All in all, I think this lack of visa numbers means it will be a long time before we get our GC; at the same time, its good for folks who have been waiting way longer than us.