RFE on 485

User2005IP

Registered Users (C)
After seeing 3/27 LUDs - regarding case transfer - for long time, I found LUD on 9/26 for spouse and myself. They were about RFE.

I just received copy of RFEs from attorney. They are asking,
Myself: current employment letter from petitioning employer
Spouse: original birth certificate and English translation, evidence of maintenance of nonimmigrant status

Question:
RFE says while submitting the evidence, "include attached orange sheet on top of your documents".
Does anybody know what is that orange sheet? I assume that is page titled "FAX REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL EVIDENCE"?
Also, people who replied to RFE before, can you please mention what should be the order of sending documents, for example 1) Orange sheet 2) Cover letter 3) Copy of RFE letter 4) required documents?

To people seeing RFE LUDs on Case Status Online,
Contact your attorney immediately. They are now faxing RFE on same date as LUD. Don’t wait for mail to arrive. Also, you can reply to RFE by fax.

After seeing 3/27 LUDs - regarding case transfer - for long time, I found LUD on 9/26 for spouse and myself. They were about RFE.

I just received copy of RFEs from attorney. They are asking,
Myself: current employment letter from petitioning employer
Spouse: original birth certificate and English translation, evidence of maintenance of nonimmigrant status

Question:
RFE says while submitting the evidence, "include attached orange sheet on top of your documents".
Does anybody know what is that orange sheet? I assume that is page titled "FAX REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL EVIDENCE"?
Also, people who replied to RFE before, can you please mention what should be the order of sending documents, for example 1) Orange sheet 2) Cover letter 3) Copy of RFE letter 4) required documents?

To people seeing RFE LUDs on Case Status Online,
Contact your attorney immediately. They are now faxing RFE on same date as LUD. Don’t wait for mail to arrive. Also, you can reply to RFE by fax.

Pls refer to my case closely: http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=264353

Happy ending by yesterday. TSC is accepting FAX responses, within 24 hrs my case was approved. No need to worry about sending mail to them. FYI, my attorney just faxed the docs, he didn't mail them to TSC. So don't worry about gold/orange sheet. In fact i didn't get original RFE, got only fax from TSC on 2nd RFE...more details pls refer to above thread.

hope that helps. TSC improved by accepting fax responses :)

good luck.

User2005

User2005 your case is similar to mine. You have same PD as mine.
I dont have any LUD change since transfer to TSC. Last LUD was in 3/15/2007.
I hope I see some activity on File.

sree2005,
First of all congratulations!
Thanks for your reply. Of course, there won't be any "orange" sheet but all "white" via fax :) Although, USCIS faxed 3 pages, 2 were RFE letters and 1 looks like fax cover page from USCIS to my attorney with case details and officer code etc. And, they suggest attaching that cover to all responses. I guess that's what they are referring as orange sheet.

needGCby05 & hippos,
You old timers will see activity soon. Just hang on :cool:
I believe in Ombudsman theory that, USCIS first picked low hanging fruits in last three months. Now, it's our turn.
I would not depend on PD being current. If your checks and FP are completed, you will see results anytime.
Keep your hopes and (of course) follow up by all available means (as long as you don't irritate them);) Not sure if latest activity on my case is triggered by any of these, but I tried 1) lot of calls to TSC and NCSC, 2) opened SR, 3) follow up through senator and congressman, 4) Infopass appointment 5) finally letter to Ombudsman.

response by mail or fax?

Question to people who already replied to RFE:
I prefer to send response by fax as I have read experiences of you guys.
But my attorney says they will send by mail.
Should I fax those documents in duplication? My concern is that comments from USCIS "PLEASE DO NOT REPOND BY BOTH MAIL AND FAX".

Please advise. Thanks.

My 485 was LUD on ocotber 5, 2007 saying they have sent me a letter for an RFE. Any idea what the RFE is about. My filing date is April 2, 2007, EB2, Worldwide.