RFE on 485

U_take_it_easy

Registered Users (C)
Folks
Need you help understanding this message, what could it be, this is future GC
any body got the same message, any comments appreciated.

Case details
---------------
PD sep 2003.
vsc-> tsc

"we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence and/or information in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence and/or information requested. This case will be held in suspense until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the information and/or evidence requested, you will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something further from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service."

thanks
utie

Maybe they want you to show proof of proficiency in English...as you are needing help to understand a straight forward message in English. :rolleyes:

Folks
Need you help understanding this message, what could it be, this is future GC
any body got the same message, any comments appreciated.

Case details
---------------
PD sep 2003.
vsc-> tsc

"we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence and/or information in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence and/or information requested. This case will be held in suspense until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the information and/or evidence requested, you will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something further from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service."

thanks
utie

I received same email on same date. But from NSC. I've not received the physical letter. Have you received your rfe letter.

I received same email on same date. But from NSC. I've not received the physical letter. Have you received your rfe letter.

There are some reasons for RFE but there is no need to worry. Here are some examples:

1. You have not done skin test in your medical test (this is the most common).

2. They want to make sure you have had a legal status before filing I-485.

You can see what they asked from me last year in my signature.

Regards

I recd same email from TSC today. It mentioned that the docs were mailed on October (2 weeks back) - attorney has not yet recd it.
U_take_it_easy/anandIndia - you got your letters yet?

Just called up USCIS. They opened a case and gave me a ticket number. The IO was nice and informed me that 30 day limit is not set in stone. It is up to the officer working on my case to assign a deadline. Minumum is 30 days and it could extend up to 12 weeks. However, she also mentioned that since I have not received the RFE yet, there is nothing much I can do other than wait for it.
I asked if my case would be 'abandoned' or 'denied' in case I dont receive the RFE by Nov 8th (30 days from the issuance of RFE). She said it 'should' not since I have the ticket number from our call today. Scary, eh?

any news at all guys?? lets revive this thread to be in touch with each other as this post members incl. me share similar timelines

any news at all guys?? lets revive this thread to be in touch with each other as this post members incl. me share similar timelines

My RFE letters were sent back as "Undelivered" by the post office on Oct 25.

Lawyer called up USCIS on November 6 and spoke to the officer. The query will be re-sent and will take another 2-3 weeks. WTH?? It takes a freakin day for local mails - 2 to 3 weeks for a government issued notice?? Someone carrying it on a horseback from Texas to the east coast??

Guess thats my frustration speaking, but come on!!

Received my RFE today:

Please submit a current employment letter. This letter should be on company letterhead and should attest to the applicant's job-offer or continued employment. This letter should also state your level of compensation and date of hire if applicable.

Still waiting on wife's RFE.

RFE replied on 12/7. Message changed to:

On December 10, 2007, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

RFE replied on 12/7. Message changed to:

On December 10, 2007, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

GC NJ USA any news at all on your 485 approval after you replied to the RFE? Lets revive this thread and see where we all stand.