RFE on 485

hdixit

Registered Users (C)
All,

I received four emails stating:

"On November 29, 2004, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283."

We have our fingerprinting appointment on Dec 3. Any guess what could this be for? Appreciate your input.

Thanks.

I140/485 ND: 03/29/2004
I140 AD: some time in august or september
FP1 scheduled 12/03/2004

My wife too got an RFE asking for the original medical certificate/documents. The doctor's office included just copies in the envelope containing her medical documents. We requested for the originals to the doctor. But this happened couple of months prior to our FP1 in Oct. 2004

But let us know what the RFE is for in your case.

The normal RFE is for any combination of the following

- Company Evl
- Medical
- W2 for last 2 or 3 years
- I 94

From what I have been seeing here, there is nothing to fear. :)

Most probably it will be related to medicals

I think the RFE is on medicals.
If it was for anything else then only your case would have received an RFE and not hers.

Can you think of some issue with your medicals....when you submitted the application

I'm the main applicant and my husband is the derivative.

We had our son in December 2003 and hence I could not take all the vaccines. That may be something for me. I can't think of any medical query for him.

hdixit said:
I'm the main applicant and my husband is the derivative.

We had our son in December 2003 and hence I could not take all the vaccines. That may be something for me. I can't think of any medical query for him.

Vaccines are optional (recommended per the USCIS medical form). Not taking them should not be any issue.

Did you skipped your TB exam (since one cannot get an chest X-ray when expecting a baby) ?
Medical Exams are mandatory and skipping any one of them generates a RFE.

Good question as to why will your husband get a RFE ?
I cannot think of a reason.

I did take the TB test since I had already had my baby before medical. Will post the details of my RFE once I receive it.

I-94

Iam the primary applicant and got approved 10 days back. Iam going for Passport stamping in a couple of days.

In my wife's case (Derivative) they issued an RFE. We have not got the RFE till date. If the RFE is about I-94 do we need to submit all the prior I-94 copies or the most recent one. We do not have a copy of all prior I-94 copies. We have some of them but not all. In this case is it enough to produce the prior B1/B2 (Business visa) and H1-B's that she was in. Also we can show the passport stamps during entry and departure to verify that she left and entered the country in a proper way.

I haven't heard from anysource that we need prior I-94 copies. Anyway, was just anxious to know that.

Please advise.

Thanks
Bala

goodluckgc2003 said:
I think the RFE is on medicals.
If it was for anything else then only your case would have received an RFE and not hers.

Can you think of some issue with your medicals....when you submitted the application

That does make sense. But, it may not be always true. I am an example for that. Both of us (primary and derivative) were issued RFE on 11/17. We thought it would be medical cuz we both got the RFE. But, here is what they actually wanted:

For me (primary):
DOB affidavits, copy of all pages of passport, past 2 W2s and tax returns, past 2 paystubs.

For derivative:
copy of all pages of passport.

hdixit,
If you had your birth certificate issued to you after 20yrs of your birth your RFE might ask for affidavits (from your relatives) supporting your DOB. But, no big deal, though.
Good luck.

i have posted my RFE details on seperate thread.

Birth Certificate
Marriage Certificate
Tax returns with W2

Hi Hdixit,

When did your attornet receive the RFE. How long did it take ? Didnt u submit the above docs with your applciation ?Also i didnt find the thread u posted your details

Cheers

Tanjar

the post is "RFE on 485 ---- Please Help" (under 485 issues in Vermont Service Center)

Lawyer received the RFE on 12/06. It took five days to receive the RFE.

We did submit the documents with the original application or at least I hope the lawyer did.

NEED HELP H Dixit Is there anyone can help!! I am quite worried. do they ask paystub

I got the additional information request from INS and I changed my employer
I am worried if they ask for Pay stub I have it from different company ..
I am worried what it could be.... any suggestions.
I changed the company after 180 days of pending I-485 and approval of I-140 and EAD revceiving ... I moved to california from NY and maintained address in ny as I wasn't sure how will it effect in delay of process for me in moving from different state..
Please please help and answer I need help...
thank s
peterr

Hi,

Please post your dates . If u have changed after 180 days nothing to worry as long as u prove u are doing the same duties as original petition and drawing a salary close to your labor petition. Many cases even if its less it hasnt caused issues.

Cheers

Tanjar

but I am working in a different state wouldn't that be issue
I never informed INS Of any thing like that I am screwed,.
I hope god does his miracle and save me as I believe in him