RFE on 485 on 07/06/07 - Please help with my question.

H1Applicant

Registered Users (C)
Gurus, All,

My application might be a familiar story to many of the folks on the forum.

EB3,
PD - May 2001,
140 Approved 2 years back,
Concurrently filed for 485, around jun - 2005
Waiting since then, for Approval email.

- Also got my second FP notice 2 months back, went and put my finger's where ever the officer asked me to :)
- Last month went to info pass, lady clearly told me Name Check and Security Clearence is done and is with the officer and will let know once a decision is made.
- When asked by when should I expect the approval lady gave the default answer "Don't know".

After the july bulletin fiasco, I lost of all hope of any movement on my case until october this year. Now on July 6th, I see my status on the damn USCIS web site changed to "Sent a notice requesting for more evidence".

Me or my Dumbo lawyer haven't got the notice yet to share what it is about but I am scratching my head as to WHY NOW. If the visa number are unavailable, why is USCIS poking around my case. I was under the impression that if visa number's are unavailable USCIS folks pretty much can go on vacation as they will not look at any adjustment of status cases, as there is no point as they cannot approve any cases.

Am I missing some thing in assuming that "no visa numbers so no movement of 485 status".

The only explaination I can come up with is that either the officer who sent the RFE notice doesn't know the visa number's are unavailable or USCIS made the visa numbers unavailable just to stop new applicants but have some available. Even though both sound stupid, well given the IQ level of folks at USCIS :rolleyes:

Appreciate any thoughts any one might have. I was planning on a trip to homeland in between but this new RFE is kind of giving me second thoughts.

Was Interesting to read your posting.Here is my 2 cents.
Looks like they might have allocated visa number to your case. Send reply to the RFE once you receive the same. Hope things will go Good :)

Yeah, this is much more promising than most of us. Just wait for the rfe and reply. Please update us also regarding rfe. All the best.

H1Appicant

Its not uncommon to get RFE if visa numbers are unavailable. I got RFE in Mid 2006 when visa numbers are unavailable.

Gurus, All,

EB3,
PD - May 2001,

- Also got my second FP notice 2 months back, went and put my finger's where ever the officer asked me to :)
- Last month went to info pass, lady clearly told me Name Check and Security Clearence is done and is with the officer and will let know once a decision is made.
- When asked by when should I expect the approval lady gave the default answer "Don't know".

After the july bulletin fiasco, I lost of all hope of any movement on my case until october this year. Now on July 6th, I see my status on the damn USCIS web site changed to "Sent a notice requesting for more evidence".

Me or my Dumbo lawyer haven't got the notice yet to share what it is about but I am scratching my head as to WHY NOW. If the visa number are unavailable, why is USCIS poking around my case. I was under the impression that if visa number's are unavailable USCIS folks pretty much can go on vacation as they will not look at any adjustment of status cases, as there is no point as they cannot approve any cases.

Am I missing some thing in assuming that "no visa numbers so no movement of 485 status".

The only explaination I can come up with is that either the officer who sent the RFE notice doesn't know the visa number's are unavailable or USCIS made the visa numbers unavailable just to stop new applicants but have some available. Even though both sound stupid, well given the IQ level of folks at USCIS :rolleyes:

Appreciate any thoughts any one might have. I was planning on a trip to homeland in between but this new RFE is kind of giving me second thoughts.

I would like to make a suggestion to you, " Please Wait" it can be a Typing mistake.. If you or your lawyer dnt recieve anything in post for another week or 2 then take info pass appointment and discuss the latest update with the USCIS. It is very common to have typing mistake from uscis, like that i received a post 3 months back saying they have mailed me my card back in september 2005 , and it seems the card is lost. when i contacted the local office first they said ya file application for replacement of card , but then when i asked them to look more before i do that... they told me... sorry it seems like a typing mistake.... :mad: . So have patience and wait for the post. if nothing comes ask them , cause u also need to know what exactly is needed now.. as per the new RFE. cause sending an RFE notice without telling what is needed doesnt make sense.

If you got the RFE for any reason...--You are lucky, Your case is approved within 15 days, after sending the RFE to them. however do it proper.Make sure you replied what they asked for and nothing more.

Folks,

Please don't be under the mistaken notion that visa numbers are unavailable. For old cases, visa numbers are indeed allocated and in the coming days you'll see many approvals. It's just that USCIS do not accept NEW I-485 apps. I got this confirmation from my company attorneys. For old timers like us, we still have hope. H1Applicant, respond to the RFE ASAP, your approval is on the way. Good luck!

H1Applicant, did you receive the RFE notice yet? Mine was also sent on July 6th and I'm still waiting to receive it. My attorney has also not received it. Gosh! It's such a suspense! Please share your RFE details once you receive them. Thanks.

Same story and already replied

Mine is similar story to yours... My lawyers replied to RFE in July'07. RFE for Birth certificate. Waiting to see if they approve it soon.

Gurus, All,

EB3,
PD - May 2001,

Just Chill,
No I haven't received my RFE notice yet. Looks like there are lot of approvals all around. I am worried by the time we receive the notice and reply back we might miss the boat.

But in all looks like things are moving forward and in the +ve direction. Lets hope it turns out well....

Last edited by a moderator:
According to my lawyer, getting an RFE usually mean a good thing. They already assign a visa # for you, they just need to get more evidence in order to approve your case.
In my case, I got RFE for both I-140 & I-485. The funny thing is that a week after my lawyer sent in the reply for the RFE, we got approved. This happen to both I-140 & I-485.
So, sit tight and plan not to go anywhere, at least not until you reply the RFE.
Good luck!!!!

Just wondering When USCIS says on July 6th we mailed you a notice, don't think that is actual mailing time as I doubt it will take one week for it to get to the lawyer's mail box, even when it is a snail mail. I am thinking of calling TSC up next week and see if it helps...

RFE documents returned back, please help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi I got RFE for Medical and Current employment verification documents on 6/26/07.

I sent the required documents on 7/5/07 to USCIS.

Today I received them back saying 'Your case has been either approved or Denied and the documents are no longer required, in case it is approved no further action is required if it is denied please follow the instructions'

I am confused, does anyone else have this experiance.

my case details

Labor dec -02
I-140 Apr - 04 approved
I-485 Jan - 04 filed

Moved the company on Dec-06
Done 2nd FP on 8th May 07
Received RFE on 26th June, 07
Sent RFE Reply on 5th July, 07
Received the RFE documents back on 14th July, 07

H1Applicant, Just an update. My attorney received our RFE notices today which were supposedly sent by USCIS on July 6. It's for TB skin tests. Hope you receive the details soon.

Justchill and H1applicant,

I received the RFE for the TB skin test and Current Emp letter.

I sent those to USCIS texas on 7/5/07 and they received on 9/7/07 and they returned my RFE documents saying these documents are no longer required. A decision has been made on your case, if approved no action required if denied follow the instructions. My on line status showing, still the RFE notice sent message only, Today I called USCIS and spoke with a lady she said they has the same RFE message in their database and ask me to contact them again in 3-4 days.

shree_lk, It's more likely that you are already approved. But I can understand the uncertainty that you are facing for now. I would make an Infopass appointment to be able to extract info apart from what the online status is showing. Meanwhile would keep checking the status and make couple of calls in a day just in the hope to catch hold of a more helpful IO. Good luck and Keep us posted.

Thanks JustChill,

I got infopass appointment on thursday, till that time i will try overphone, the lady inthe morning is helpful, but she is saying her database is still showing the same old message. Is there any other direct number to contact TSC IO?

shree_lk, Hope something fruitful comes out of the Infopass appointment for you on Thursday. Btw, how long does it take to put together the result of TB Skin Test? I have made an appointment with the physician for coming Wednesday.

JustChill,

It took me 3 days to complete the test and got the results. If u go on wednesday by friday you can get the results, we have to wait for 48 hours after the test. good luck