RFE not received : Gurus Please Help

tanjar

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

spouse and self got an RFE on 23rd Nov (TSC). Attorney claims he hasnt received the RFE. The attorney has changed his law firm in the recent past. On my fingerprinting notice i did see that the mails still seem to go to his old law firm. He probably has some means of getting his mails from his old law firm. Now its 14 days and i havent received the RFE. So gurus please tell me what i can do to speed up this process. I dont know what the attorney will do from his side. I dont think he cares too much any way.

Cheers

Tanjar

tanjar, found a post by Long_Journey, share with you

To share a lesson concerning RFE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My I-485 case for me and my husband was just approved yesterday on 11/29/2004. Here, I would like to share a lesson with you regarding the RFE.

My I-485 receipt date is 9/13/2002.

On 9/16/2004, the USCIS online message for my case was changed mentioning that a RFE was sent. Ten days later, I contacted my lawyer to see whether he had received the RFE. My lawyer said he had not received it. Then my lawyer sent an inquiry to Nebraska center and asked them to mail us another copy of the RFE.

I guess some guy in Nebraska center incorrectly treated that lawyer inquiry as my response to the RFE, and then he/she updated my online message on 9/29/2004 saying that they have received my RFE response.

Then I called the customer service center and told them that my lawyer and I had never received the RFE, and there was no way that we sent our RFE response back to them. I asked the customer service lady to send me another copy of the RFE. However, the lady told me that she could not send me another copy of RFE because my online message was changed to "RFE response was received". In other words, if my online message were not changed as "response received", she would be able to send me another copy of RFE. She said that I had to wait until the officer re-open my files.

My lawyer and I could not do anything except for waiting and waiting. I guess Nebrask never sent me the original RFE. Finally, we received another copy of RFE on 10/26/2004, we replied on 11/16/2004, and got approved on 11/29/2004.

So my lesson is that if you are waiting for your RFE after the online message is chaged to "RFE sent", do not send any written inquiry to the Nebraska center within 30 days. Otherwise, you may get stuck into a situation like what I had mentioned above. If you have not received your RFE in 30 days, call the customer service center to ask them to send you another copy.

Hope it may help. Thank you guys for all the help during this long journey. Good luck to you all!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by long journey : 1st December 2004 at 12:08 AM.

Hi Xing,

Thanks for the post. I appreciate u doing this. It is indeed a good lesson for all of them like me waiting on an RFE!!! Thanks once again

Cheers

Tanjar