RFE mailed on 12/6 per website, but not recd by lawyer yet..

Ella_hasiru

Registered Users (C)
for WAC02057xxx....(2 nd FP done @ sjc)

9 days elapsed, but still not recd the RFE documents...i know this is a peak season for US post...but the RFE response clock is already ticking...what to do? hv emailed the lawyer, but no reply from them.

Qs:
a. can we chk with the BCIS as to which address they hv mailed the RFEs and what the RFE contains? so i can prepare for the response instead of simply waiting!
b. if lost, can we request for re-issual. then will the RFE clock reset

anyone with same experience?

Thanx

-EH

Ella,

Did your lawyer received the RFE? I saw heeha's message which the RFE sent on Dec. 11 has already been received. Still haven't heard anything from my lawyer about RFE sent on Dec. 6

Thanks,
JAurora

Don't panic it can take about a week to 10 days , it almost always go to the lawyer.
It took about 7 days for me.

Keep w2s, 3 paystubs and EVL ready. Good luck .

no, not yet

Originally posted by JAurora
Ella,

Did your lawyer received the RFE? I saw heeha's message which the RFE sent on Dec. 11 has already been received. Still haven't heard anything from my lawyer about RFE sent on Dec. 6

Thanks,
JAurora

my lawyer is in east coast, so it may take +4 extra days....

until later,

-EH

Had any of tried calling BCIS and did they re-sent u or gave any info on ur RFE ..its been 7days since i got RFE but lawyer with medical treatment will not return until next month..I really dont understand a jot of how to work on this assuming that i got same RFE like others reg w2's, Evl blah blah...any of u tried calling pls post...

Well People.

Online message said RFE sent on the 10th of November, till this date it has not been received. Called BCIS on the 10TH of December and was told that they will inquire about it, and if i dont receive it call back in 33 days.......That just sucks.....

more details...

some details as to why RFE might have delayed in my case:

law firm changed, cos my company underwent M & A.......and old firm transferred all cases to the new firm in east coast... subsequently, 2nd EAD/AP were filed and obtained by new firm correctly...i dont know if my current lawyer had timely filed G28 forms updating the BCIS records!

But i dont understand why there isn't courtesy RFE mailed to the applicant.. while all other correspondces and notices are mailed to both....

i'll wait for another 2-3 days and enquire with old office....if doesn't help, will ask the current lawyer to inquire with BCIS

Hope this helps

-EH

for me, no change of law firm, and the 2nd FP was received by law firm within 3 days. so don't know what's happening now. is it just because of Xmas postal rush?