RFE Just received

LondonBorn

Registered Users (C)
Just received via e-mail than an RFE has been sent. Case status also updated. Started this process January 1998. Haven't been able to return to England in all that time. Will responde immediately so hopefully the green card should be here soon.
WAC02139*****

spam

this is just personal curiosity, I don't understand why a British has to suffer the pain, can't you guys just enter USA whenever you want? Why is a greencard so important to you? If I had a British passport, I would not think too much about greencard.Is that just becuase the work authorization ?

Good luck anyway

FI485 said:
this is just personal curiosity, I don't understand why a British has to suffer the pain, can't you guys just enter USA whenever you want? Why is a greencard so important to you? If I had a British passport, I would not think too much about greencard.Is that just becuase the work authorization ?

I am a Canadian/British Dual citizen. A greencard is important to me for the same reasons as everyone else on this board. It affords me the privilege of living, working and raising my family in the USA. Holding a British or Canadian passport means nothing, except in Britain or Canada. The USCIS makes no concessions to Brits or Canucks in immigration processes.

We are treated like everyone else. (The exception being that Canadian Citizens do not require visas in their passports if they are entering in a non-immigrant category. They just need the approval notice at the POE.)

--

I-485:
wac-02-253-xxxxx
RD 08/08/02
FP1 RCVD 09/26/02
FP2 sched. 06/11/04
Self: 2 EADs, 2 APs, 3rd applied
Wife: 3 EADs, 2 APs

I-140 (EB1-EA)
wac-02-087-xxxxx
RD 01/15/02
AD 03/05/02
no RFE

Concurrent filing was not an option in 01/02.

British are in much the same situation as other nationalities. For over seven years I haven't been able to return to England, as I remained here out of status. An associate of mine went to England and when she tried to return to America was detained for 3 days, deported back, and had her passport stamped no re-entry for 10 years. (Too high a risk to take).

WAC02139*****
March 2002

Nothing special

Don't be fooled by the special relationship rhetoric, ... I've been here for 12 years F, H, and now waiting. There's nothing special about being a Brit in the USA, it's just like all the other folks. I'm *even* married to a US citizen and nothing has changed. A lot of people, including Americans, think Brits would get some type of special treatment, but I speak from long experience that without the GC I can't stay here (not so good for the marriage) and work here and so forth...

becky
wac021245XXXX

I agree

Looking for the GC for 9 years now L1A, H1 then GC---- it has been a slog every step of the way ---- BTW -- Becky where are you from? Newcastle lass here.

:)

Norwich

I'm from Norwich originally -- yes, we're just back in the Premiership. I can't believe that NCFC has made it into premiership before I got my sodding GC ;-)

becky

Yeah... season indeed...

Still hoping I get an approval soon--then it's off to England for some footy!