RFE (Jan 29th) not received!! PANICKING!!

Avi Singh

Registered Users (C)
Hi

An RFE was issued for us on Jan 29th 2004. I had changed employers earlier, and had sent in the new G-28s (Substitution of Attorney) and the regular Change of Address forms.

However neither my attorney nor I have received the RFE. I called them, and they said they will mail it out and I should get it in 30 days, but that was Feb 17th, it's almost 30 days now??

I will ofcourse call in soon, to ask them about it again. But is there any better way to deal with this. Has anyone else had the same experience?

Your advice will be appreciated.
-Avi

RFE issued for me on 12/6/2002

And I haven't got it yet. I emailed and they called to say it was a mistake. But is it because of the RFE that our cases are still in the dark:mad:

In the same boat

Avi,

I am in the same boat. Actually RFE is issued to for wifes 485 on Jan 26 and I have not received it yet. It happened because my attorny got changed by my employer and new attorny did filed G28 but some how INS did not updated records.

New attorny had already requested to re-sent to his address. He spoke with USCIS this morning and they told him that it is not sent out yet but will be send out shortly and the response period is tolled meaning, the response time will be reset when the rfe will be sent.

I also tried calling USCIS(1-800) number. I do not know anything I can do other than just waiting.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks,

a

dw_guy,

How do you know they issue you a RFE which you haven't receiced? By on line or your lawyer?

RFE generated but not received

When I called BCIS, they say they don't have the attorney's address on file and asked them to resubmit G-28 form. Later the lady claimed that she is seeing it on her screen now. Somehow they messed up the process and they are resending another RFE . and this wait continues.