RFE issued! On unpaid leave of absence. Please Help Urgently

RFE Victim

Registered Users (C)
It has been more than 180 days since I filed for I-485. I have been paid till September first week and have been on unpaid leave of absence with sponsoring company since then. RFE received on October 15th asking for last two months pay stubs. So I have half the pay-stubs they requested. Is it better to submit pay stubs for July to September 1st week and leave it at that OR
state clearly that I was on unpaid leave of absence for the last month? Which one of the two options is better. Any one please help?? Any one with similar situation??

find antoher job and get pay-stub from new company

find antoher job and get pay-stub from new company

I feel it is very indefinite of when I will get a job.

So, if I keep waiting for a new job indefinitely, the RFE response will be delayed. So, If I submit RFE at a later date, the gap between my last paystub and the RFE reply will be too obvious.

No Title

It is better to be honest. They don\'t like hanky panky info\'s. Tell them you are working with them, and due to recent down turn and the market is uptight. Tell them you have the paychecks up to xx months and you are on unpaid leave for emergencey purposes.
Shall be back to work, on xx date. Get a letter from you employer, stating you are actively employed with them right now. No one can gaurentee life time employment. things change very fast in modern world.
Don\'t panic, put the fact and present them. They will approve your case.

Thank you very much. But what emergency reasons can I give?

Can I say that because of lack of project, I am on unpaid leave. Also, do I have to give a date on which I will be back to work, because right now it is very indefinite.

No Title

Don\'t volunteer too much information, but do not lie also.
Tell them you were working on projects and currently you are on unpaid leave due to personal reasons and current market conditions.

better to state "personal problems" instead of market conditions.

What "samUsam" says is 100% right . But never mention about the current market conditions .

I agree with Iamok

Give the payslip for your last 3months. Then mention that you are on unpaid leave due to personnel and family reasons. You will be safe. Attach a letter from your company that you are still working with him and it is a permanent employment.

As - is

As I understand, GC is for a future job with the sponsor. I read in an earlier chat script in Sheela Murthy\'s website that temporary lay-offs do not form a basis for rejection, as long as the sponsor is willing to employ you after you receive your GC. Please consult with an attorney and draft a carefully worded letter to this effect and you should be fine.

Hi RFE Victim

hi RFE Victim

I was wondering what is your status..did you reply to the RFE and what response you got. I am in a similar boat where i am planning to go to India for 6 mths on Leave of absence...and am wondering what will happen if there is an RFE or paystubs..can u pls reply and share your expereince pls..

Thanks

Rahul