RFE Issued (had changed address/applied for EAD)

Avi Singh

Registered Users (C)
EAC021915xxxx
RD 5/15/02
ND 05/15/02

On January 29, 2004, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case......blah blah

Firstly I think USCIS is issuing increasing number of RFE's these days. One thing which unfortunately necessitates this is their long processing times, i.e. after the application is pending close to 2 years they surely want to verify your employment etc. So I guess it's a vicious cycle - more delays = more RFE = more delays :-(

Another thing, I think a lot of people who are applying for EADs or are gettingtheir FPs done, are also seeing some activity in their cases (RFE or Approvals :) )
Same in my case, my lawyer recently applied for EAD on 1/20 (mailing date). And lo and behold, they dust off my file, and promptly send an RFE.

And lastly I think, all change of addresses are getting an RFE almost 100%. Well, I didn't do a survey, but I changed addresses (companies too, but did not send them AC21 letter) and I got it.

Guys, I am almost glad at this stage to have gotten an RFE, that is better than that agonizing stillness and patient wait. Atleast now I will go through - restlessly waiting for the RFE letter and assembling the documents asked for in RFE phases :)

So well, good luck to you all, some days are really tough, but I know we will all pull through it. I think patience is a big quality they are looking for in their future residents :)))

Cheers!
-Avi

BTW- I did change my companies after 6 months of I-485. And I think the RFE will be the standard employment letter, paystubs, to which I will have to write a AC21 kinda letter. Well, we'll see.