RFE issued for LIN 0220XXXXX

rogertt2003

Registered Users (C)
RFE issued for both my and my wife's case on Mar 26.

Case factsheet:
RD June 01, 2002
ND June 03, 2002
3 EADs and APs

Would you guys share some most recent experience of how long between RFE and final approval? As my wife is travelling out of US now. I need to nail down a timeline for her return to catch up the passport stamping. Also, is there any concern that she returns using a valid AP after her case has been approved? Anyone has such an experience?

Thanks

Hi rogertt2003:

Generally people have received their approval with in 4 to 6 weeks from the date RFE is received by INS.

2 of my firends who received RFE from NSC got their cases approved in 3 weeks both are April 02 ND and RD.

I would recommned to wait for the approval for your wifes travel. It would be better not to take any chances. Some where in this forum i have read that your wife will be allowed to come back using the AP even if the 485 case is approved, provided you do not stamp your passport with your approval. In other words you will have to wait for your wife to return to USA using her AP and then get your GC stamped in the passport. Hope this helps.

Consult your lawyer before you make the travel arrangements.

Regards
M2002

I hope it is ok with reference to previous postings

Congratulations for you for having your case looked at finally.
There were some threads on the same issue.
It is ok for your wife be abroad while the case was approved.
Any how your attorney is the best judge for the issue.

Could you please post your details in rupnet.(www.rupnet.com)

rogertt2003,
I remember your case was transferred to MO center. Did you do anything to get it back to NSC? Mine still said transferred . ND - 09/02

My case was transferred to NSC on Sept. 18,2003. The online status kept saying that ' on Sept. 18, 2003 we received....' until March 26, 04, it's changed to RFE has been issued. So I guess the unwitting transfer was just an error of UCIS computer system. In their original file, they should keep our RD for reference.

Hi

Could you tell me what info on your REF.

I just saw the meaaage online on my case. INS sent ref to me, my wife, and my son. My first REF only on me was on 12-4-2202.

Thanks.