RFE issue

Jack Norton

Registered Users (C)
SC sent me RFE at 12/9/2000. But that RFE was lost in its way. My attorney sent a letter to VSC a couple of weeks ago, asking them to reseed RFE. VSC received the letter last Friday 1/26/2001. An officer said he had already input the request into VSC computers. My question is: how long does it take for VSC clerical department to send a RFE copy, and when will my attorney receive it?

Thank you in advance.

No Title

I am also facing the same problem. the INS says they have sent on the 19th of Jan but I have not got it still,. Will all of you advise what to be done.

No Title

There always exists the posibility that RFE is lost. That may be due to the problem of postal system, or, and it\'s more likely, the INS never sends the RFE out. By VSC voice msg, my first RFE was sent out at early Dec. But I never receive it. My attorney did not admit this fact until two weeks ago. I heard it takes 3 weeks for someone to get his RFE. So I suggest if you did not get yours in 3 weeks, tell your attorney to ask INS resend you another copy.

Please keep you info updated.

No Title

When you feel that there are responses to petitions filed around the time that you filed, it is better to keep callin gthe INS up every now & then, maybe every 2 or 3 weeks, just to make sure that everything is going smoothly. I don\'t think we can expect our employers or lawyers to do that. Once it is known that an RFE has been sent out (IIOs can see exactly when the RFE was typed up), wait for 2 to 3 weeks again and if you/your lawyer still does not get it in the mail, call the INS up and ask an IIO to resend it. Since the I-485 is one\'s own petition, we do not require anyone else, including our lawyer to do this for us. Of course, we have to realize that in reality, some cases do take some extra time than others, for whatever reasons, but this pro-active way will probably make sure that things don\'t lag behind too much....