RFE issue Kiran and others pls help

sana

Registered Users (C)
Sent RFE on 2/21. As per courier INS recd on 2/22. But the system is not updated and when I called INS the IIO said it is still not in the system. Is that possible.
Pls help

No Title

Yes.
It is possible.
For my case:
INS received my RFE on Jan 31, 2001, and message updated on Feb 13, 2001.
So just be patient.

No Title

When I called the INS the IIO said the RFE response is not in the system Is that possible and also pls tell me what the AVm says when the RFe was recd for you.
Thanks for your response

No Title

INS received on Jan 31, 2001. (UPS)
AVM updated on Feb 16, 2001. (On Feb 13, 2001, we received your .....)

Don\'t trust AVM, my message was " case can not be found" before Feb 16.

Good luck to you.

No Title

Yes, it is common for AVM to be not updated. Also, there can be significant gap between when INS receives your response physically and when they open your envelope and enter the information into the system. Don\'t worry. Call after another week or so and it is very likely that they will have it in the system by then (But, AVM may or may not be updated). After the AVM is updated, it should say "On so-and-so date, we received your response to our request for additional evidence or information. This kind of case takes......blah...blah".

No Title

Kiran in my case when I called the IIO today she told that they are not able see the response in the system. Pls is this common. I am really worried.

No Title

Yes, it is common. They do not see the reply in the system just means that your envelope is still sitting in the mail room waiting to be opened and entered into the system. Don\'t worry. I have seen this many times happening to other people and had a good ending. The RFE original has a bar code. As soon as the mail room in INS receives your package, it will be put in one/more queues for their staff to open and check some basic things (like, whether you have sent the original of the RFE back, if there was supposed to be an application fee whether it is enclosed, if there is a check enclosed, does it have a signature, proper amount etc) Then, if the received letter is a response to an RFE, they scan the barcode that is on the RFE original notice and then forward your response to the officer who generated the RFE. Officer generally will look at your case as soon as he gets a chance (normally within a couple of days) and make a decision. So, I understand that your response has been received and they have not yet opened the envelope or entered into the system. There may be many reasons why they are still waiting. But have patience and it will be done.