RFE - I-864 (affidavit of support) - really confused

lp

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,
My parents got RFE's for I-485 application. We submitted all the required documentation for I-864...But still got the RFE. I am going to send the following documnets again..Pl can someone check and let me know what I must have missed in the intinial submission.

--Photocopy of Employment Letter as evidence of present employment of Sponsor
--Year2005 Federal Income Tax Return and W-2s of Sponsor
--Year2004 Federal Income Tax Return and W-2s of Sponsor
--Year2003 Federal Income Tax Return and W-2s of Sponsor
--Pay stubs from employer from past 6 months of Sponsor

Thanks for your help.
Lp

Send the original employment letter.
And also it should state your position, salary, time of emplyment and hours/week the sponsor works

sarrebal said:
Send the original employment letter.
And also it should state your position, salary, time of emplyment and hours/week the sponsor works

Thanks for your quick response...

I am sorry, I think I sent the original employment letters for my parents with all the info you have mentioned.. but still got the RFE's for both of them...I cannot find any reason?? I am planning to send the docs gain once get the current Employment Letters.

I am planning to send the following :

§ Cover letter
§ The “Request for Additional Evidence” letter
§ Copy of I-485 Receipt Notice
§ Employment Letter as evidence of present employment of Sponsor
§ Year2005 Federal Income Tax Return and W-2s of Sponsor
§ Year2004 Federal Income Tax Return and W-2s of Sponsor
§ Year2003 Federal Income Tax Return and W-2s of Sponsor
§ Pay stubs from employer from past 6 months of Sponsor
§ Copies of recent bank statements of Sponsor

lp

Seems like an RFE I got....
if you sent your own copies of tax returns, then you need to not only send W-2s, but also all 1099s (if any, which will add to income), and all the schedules that were submitted to IRS. In other words, send the whole tax package this way.

If, however, you request an official return transcript from IRS, W-2s, etc. are not required.

See, the thing is, right after I mailed the old version of I-864 in, they changed over to the new one, so the old APPLICATION is still valid, but the new Initial Evidence applies.

You can find more info here:

Federal Rule regarding affidavits of support:

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/factsheets/AffSupp_062106FS.pdf

As far as I know this is the newest I-864, even though it says it expires 9/30/06:

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/files/I-864.pdf

Part 25 in particular.

They only require the most recent year of tax returns now. In addition, The final rule clarifies that the sponsor’s income in the year in which the intending immigrant filed an application for an immigrant visa or adjustment of status, rather than the earnings last reported to IRS, generally bears the greatest evidentiary weight in determining whether the affidavit of support is sufficient.

However, USCIS may request updated evidence and decide the case based on the updated information.

In other words, they not only want to see that the sponson can earn money, but that he/she can maintain that income.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Everyone..
Thankyou very much all your responses...I actually submitted I-864EZ from with all the IRS tax transcripts, W-2's for last three years..I will send all the docs asked for again...i.e IRS tax transcripts, W-2's and employment letter.

Lp