RFE- How many days to reply?

vidongre

Registered Users (C)
RFE has been issued on my husband's case on 06/09 - he's the primary applicant. The lawyer is not ready to fax the RFE or tell us what it is about :rolleyes: (She was pretty good in communication and never had any problems - don't know whay she's acting like this!).

All she said was she's contacting HR and would send the response within the stipulated time for responding RFE.

Can you guys tell me how much time one has to respond to a RFE? Just don't want her to forget about it...

Thanks for your reply!

1 month I guess? but do it as sson as possible, if you manage to finish in 30 days, it will route back to the officer who issued the RFE, thus faster processing.

I remember people telling that you have 2 months to reply to RFE.
Your lawyer's behaviour is very strange. Why don't you ask her why she is not disclosing the RFE details to you ?

Maybe...

Maybe she made some mistakes at the time she filed your 485 that she doesn't want to let you know about -- otherwise I don't see why she cannot tell you the RFE details...just keep urging her to reply to the RFE ASAP. 1 month or 2 months? You don't want to wait that long anymore!
All the best!

vidongre ...

I know, it was three months for my I-140 RFE and my dreaded attorney took the entire three months citing workload.

My advice...Don't be a victim

Venu123.

The reason could be that BCIS is requesting only an employment letter which HR or Legal can provide. But your lawyer should have told you what the RFE is for. I was issued an RFE on 9th and was told to respond in 12 weeks. Hope this helps.

I thought it was 2 months too

But I am looking at my RFE and its almost 3 months.

Here is the text -> "YOUR RESPONSE MUST BE RECEIVED IN THIS OFFICE ON OR BEFORE August 02, 2003"

My RFE was issued on 05/07.

I am guessing its normal

Quick Question..

Friends,

During the I-485 processing, does the beneficiary also get a copy of the RFE from INS or is the RFE sent only to attorney

Please reply, as I am expecting a possible RFE (?) for my FP expiration

THanks

Venu123.

We too suspect that it's about salary/emp letter

My husband took a 16% salary cut last year so the current salary is 16% less than that mentioned on the LC. But he's with the same employer.

As I mentioned earlier, the lawyer has been very helpful till now and was very prompt about communicating things. So we just do not want to piss her off by asking too many questions... But just want to keep reminding her and keep talking to HR about the RFE once in a few days...

Just hoping that things will be ok...

Something that's relating to Company, which she feels she could get it done thru HR..
Dont worry..Good Luck

You know what, it just struck my mind that the likely cause (why your lawyer is not disclosing the RFE details to you) is she is being requested (has the secret understanding) by your Employer
to cause as much delay as possible for your GC processing. Most of the time, they omit some supporting documents while filing the
I485 application. That way they know that you will get an RFE.
If this is correct, then she is not going to send the reply in the next 2 months. She will fully utilize the maximum allowed time.
That is the reason she is hiding from you now.
Don't worry. You have waited for many years now. Another couple of months is not a big deal. We can't do much now.

Update: Got info from HR

HR informed us today that the RFE is about the employment letter stating designation and salary. HR wants to wait till 3rd week of July 'coz that's when the results of the yearly reviews and pay hikes will be communicated. Hopefully that'll reduce the 16% gap in the salary mentioned in LC.

So the wait continues....

My 2 cents...

Given the market conditions I sincerely believe that 16 % down from labor should not be a problem. I guess, BCIS does recognize that the prevailing conditions might have contributed to this diff.. My piece of advice would be to urge HR to send a reply back ASAP rather than waiting....Waiting increases hyper tension.....:) :) .....and may lead to complications.......

I agree with chakmur...

that your husband should convince HR to reply the RFE ASAP for the sake of GC processing. On the other hand, if he feels that the company is doing well and is expecting a raise, then to wait for another month would probably be worth it. It all depends -- Good luck in any case!

Solution seems to be the problem here...

One would normally think that talking to the attorney would yield a solution.. but I guess, in this case the solution itself seems to be the problem.....:D