RFE Holders please respond

GeeCee Saga

Registered Users (C)
Are there any RFE holders whose response was rec'd prior to Nov 2002 that are yet waiting??? Mine as you can see below was rec'd on Oct 24th and I am yet waiting.
There is also an alternate line of thought that once your RFE is rec'd your file gets prioritized according to the reciept date on your RFE what do you guyz think?

I got RFE in I140 for Co. Fin. statements & responded on Oct.10th....waiting for its approval...Filed 485 with 140 receipt notice....what was ur RFE about & was it in 140 or 485...?

Mine was for 485 for all possible documents.
Copies of passport all pages
Copies of I-94
Copies of I-20's all old ones.
Copies of all EAD cards
Tax Return for the alst 2 years.
Last 6 months paystubs.

GeeCee Saga

It is a good sign from RFE that ur case is already in process and you will get ur approval soon. BTW, what is ur ND? Yes, it is true that a case get prioritize once INS issue RFE but they hv received the response long time back and it is surprising INS haven't send their decision.

Neway, I think ur are very close to approval so better start preparing for the party :)

Good luck and All the best.

Hello GeeSeeSaga,
I know a friend of mine who got RFE for his I-485 case. He got RFE around late August,2002 and his RFE was received by INS around early Oct,2002. Finally his case was approved on 28 Jan,2003. Also, I know some other friends who got RFEs around the same time got approved in Oct,2002 itself.

I am not perfect about the dates, but to give you some idea:
His dates are
RD - Mid Aug 2001
ND - Mid Oct 2001
Renewed EAD/AP.
RFE - Late Aug,2002
RFE received by INS - Early first week of Oct,2002
Approved - 28 Jan,2003

Hopefully yours may come soon. I know it is very painful to wait such long time after RFE. Hey who knows you may feel life was better before GC. So enjoy while you can!!!

Thanx Sam and ChitraGupta. I hope so too.
Forget party I'll start singing in the streets. Walk upto strangers and tell them that I got approved. We all will get approved soon.
I spoke to IIo 3 days back and she told me that the officer who had requested the RFE has nto even opened my case. But I am yet optimistic. Hope springs eternal!! :p