RD: 8/22/01

RFE was issued on 12/2/ 02.
Rec'd 12/8/02

1. Birth certificate ( for self )
2. Employment letter
3. All H1 and EAD approvals after 8/22/01
4. Medicals ( done )
5. Marriage certificate ( for spouse )

For birth certificate I gave an affidavit. INS thinks that's not enough. The hospoital didn't keep records of birth during that year and prior to that. Is there anybody who has seen this situation? Can you please post what was done to satisfy INS?

Marriage certificate: A marriage crtificate from Church was given. INS didn't accept it. Wants something from a govt. entity. Any thoughts on this?

I would appreciate any help.
Thanks
RM

RFE

I think in this situation INS is looking for Non-availability certificate if you do not have a BC. if you have a BC which is short form(initials not expanded, names mispelled, no name etc.,) then you need 2 affidavits with the BC.

Marriage certificate - If the one issued by the Church is not accepeted try to get affidavits from parents of you and your spouse. That might help. I am also aware of people who have Marriage certificates issued from church and registrar.

NOTE: My response to your queries is just my opinion and should not be considered valid. Please contact an attorney for legal advice.

Thanks await_gc.

If I understand you correctly, I must get a letter from the hospital stating that they didn't keep records during that year and prior ( or something to that effect)?

Marriage certificate can be obtained from the registrar by producing Church records, I think. Thanks for the suggestion.

RFE

You probably need to get this information from the municipal office not sure whether INS accepts letters from the hospital. Check with an attorney.

You can try to get it from the registrar by producing u r church copy of MC. If its too much of a hassle try using affidavits from parents of u and u r spouse. Sometimes INS accepts them( its INS who knows what they want)

May God bless us all.

NOTE: My response to your queries is just my opinion and should not be considered valid. Please contact an attorney for legal advice.

You need to get a letter from local municipal authorities who issues birth certificates stating that your birth is not registered which means basically non-availability certificate. Then you need to get the notarized affidavits from your parents.

Who is your attorney

Hi muthiahr,

Did you self pition for 485 ?
How can an attoney make so many mistakes ?
Medicals is a reasonable RFE.. considering they are only valid for 1 year.

I would say you should get 1000$ refund from your attoney for screwing up and being responsible for the dealy of approval.

Had you filed yourself, you would not have done so many mistakes.

Goodluck.

Birth cerificates..
You should get it from your local govts ( Municipalities etc )..
Even your birth is recorded, chances are it may include your parents name and boy /girl.. Your name may not be there..

Then you should get affidivits from your paretns/ uncle/aunt who ever atleast 18 years at the time of your birth.

If no record found, your municpalities will give non availability cerifictes..

In any case take the affidivits and submit.

If you want format.. see immihelp.com

Marriage certificate:
Even if you have it from Church, you can register at your local registrat office and get a certificate from Govt. I am not sure if they will give it in your absence..

igc

Thanks for the replies

Hi await_gc, coolboy, igcwaiter,

Thanks for the postings. Without the replies I would have attempted to get the "non availability" from the hospital.

As far as the attorney's competency is concerned:
-- Medical was intentionaly left out due to its validity time limitation.

-- Marriage certificate was produced from the Church. If it is a known fact that the INS would accept only from govt. authorities, then it is his screw-up.

-- Birth certificate one affidavit was produced. If Non availability certificate is a very common practice, then it's another screw up.

When I asked around with my firiends who got GC before ( more than a year back ), they said US accepts Church stuff and only Canada doesn't.

Anyway, I was kind of happy that the applications are being processed.
Thanks guys.