RFE Help

josil

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
My friend recently got an RFE. Let me try to explain this situation...

Applied for a job in company A
Got H1B from company A
Got Visa with company A H1B
Entered US with this Visa
He did not join company A (because they did not have any projects for him at that time)
He got an offer from company B. They sponsored a new H1B less than 30 day of he entering US.
When he applied for I-485, he did not mention company A in his work experience.

He got an RFE asking why he did not mention company A. Please let me know what he can do? If possible, also let me know which lawyer helped you with this issue.

Thanks for you help.
Joe

Experience

It was very important that he had to say about company A. Though you are with them only for few days its necessary to say that. The only option I can see is go back to company A and get an experience certificate from them. Most of the American companies do that. Desi companies will keep the grudge with them. Good Luck.

One can customise ones resume...., but can one change his/her birth date??? No. So how can one forget his H1/I-94 stampping from company A which in accordance to INS is ones first entry date into US. You(r) friend is lucky, he got an RFE not a denial. A denial would have much less time to answer.

Do not get wild on my reply. INS keeps a record of history.
According to Hindusim..., the assistant Chitragupta, to the god of death Yama, keeps every record of each living being...

Thank My Lawyer

I think my lawyer was smart to find that. I was also into the same problem. I worked for a company for less than 15 days. But the company granted me an experience certificate.

If a company (mostly desi) doesn't give a experience letter it doesn't matter as long as your coworker in that company gives you a letter that will suffice.

140seekerJune and Steeler Fan,
One does not need Experience certificate from Company A at 485 stage... All that is already done at I-140.
While filling in the forms for I-485..., there is a separate form where the Dates of each entry into US with I-94 info, H1 reciept number and company that sponsered H1 would have to be filled in. Josil or his friend has forgotten to mention the Company A info (his first entry into US)....