vsc485485

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
Just got the RFE.
RFE asks for 2 things:
1, employment letter from company who sponsered I140
2. earning statements for last month

My situation as follow:
I already left the software contracting company A who sponsered my I 140 and working for company B currently.
I talked to company A who agrees to provide me the letter. But for pay stub, it is impossible.

My questions:
1. what kind options do I have at this point?
2. If they are any solution, how should I proceed?
3. earning statements for the last month is the same as pay stub?
4. May I use the pay stub from company B? and In which situation?

Your input is appreciated!
By the way, message never updated to RFE until now.

Thanks!

No Title

The reason they issue RFE for employment is to check whether you are still employed with the same company that sponsored your I-140. My guess is you should contact a good attorney for this problem.

No Title

Thanks for the reply!
I am concerned a bit since the RFE I got is the first of kind I saw from the board...
Usually, they ask for employment letter from current employer instead of saying that the letter is from employer who sponsered
I140.
Plus. they want "earning statements for the last month".... so far, my interpretation is " the lastest pay stub"... am I right on this?

Can you shed some light on this?

No Title

Hey, Relax first. Do not be confused. First of all you are not supposed to take up a permanent employment with another employer before your I-485 approval happens through the employer who sponsored your LC and I-140. When they issue RFE, most of the times they will ask for employment letter and last three pay stubs. They do because INS wants to check whether you are still employed with the same old employer who sponsored LC and I-140. So I guess you are in deep trouble unless you produce the pay stubs from the old employer. INS wont accept the pay stub from new employer since they did not sponsor your green card. Hope you understood. Again you are not the first guy who get this RFE. This type of RFE is very common nowadays. Contact good attorney for this. Good luck.

No Title

Legally, you can work for any company, as long as your sponsor agrees that they will hire you AFTER you get your green card. You can have no job before get GC. The key is that your sponsor has to say in the letter they will employer you after GC. My 2c thoughts.

No Title

Guys,
Thanks for all suggestions...
I will see if they will give a letter to say that they will hire me back once I got GC....
This may not work.....
Then I will have to submit everything from my current employer and see what is next...
Hopefully, the new law regarding to 180 days will change the whole picture

Thanks again

No Title

Legally, you can work for any company, as long as your sponsor agrees that they will hire you AFTER you get your green card. You can either submit current pay stub from the company who is sponsoring your AC or your current company (it doesn\'t really matter).

FYI: My friend submitted pay stubs from his other employer and got a letter from his old company saying that they\'ll hire him after he get his GC. He also got FP recently..

Good luck..
- Jenny

No Title

My REF is same as vsc485485.
 I am self petition NIW (EB2), my employer is diff than when I filed I140.
 Is there any trouble if I submit new company letter?