Rfe - Help Needed

RONN

Registered Users (C)
I have a question. Kindly help me. My I 485 (AOS) was filed last year on July, 2001. After completting over 8 months of service, my employer laid me off in the month of March 2002. Even after 3 months, I am yet to get a job. INS just issued a RFE requesting for employment letter and paystubs.

Kindly advise me how to respond to their query. Please note that chances of getting a job shortly are very slim.

Anyone like this got approved. Let me know please.

thank you

You have couple of options:
1. produce an post dated employment letter from some company and explain to INS that U have gone on loss of pay vacation for personal work. This U can do on EAD.
2. On EAD U need not really work and Ur status is valid. So if U can show from Ur previous employer that U R still with them at loss of pay..U should be OK.
I guess U should try for employment letter from some compnay and also try to pay them to process Ur pay check..altleast one.

THANKS JOKER

Thank you Buddy for the response. Appreciate it.
Now, one of my options is going to be :
getting an employment letter asap

Ronn,
It should be Pre-dated (Not post dated)employment letter preferably the date of hiring should be 6 months afters Ur RD.

talk to a lawyer meanwhile and U might get more way outs...

Please keep us posted how it goes..there should be a lot of cases like U in near future.

Use time

Ronn,

You should have some time to respond to the RFE. First try to get a letter from the current co. that they are ready to employ you upon approval. Since you were already working for them, it might be difficult to show that you will be working for them again and why you do not have current paystubs. In that case, you can also try to get a letter (an extreme possibility - depends on how the company co-operates) explaining a change in policy (may be due to 9/11) that the company wishes to employ only permanent residents, and no temporary workers (H-1s).

In the meanwhile, also use the time to find another job. Of course, it is easier said than done. Try, who knows, you might find some co. ready to offer a letter at least, and you can work out the rest afterwards.

All the best,

immi007

I made a note of your points.
I still have about 11 weeks to respond.
appreciate your response