RFE for wife 485....Help Needed..

gcgeek

Registered Users (C)
HI all 2 days ago i got RFE to my wife asking from more documentation..
here how the letter was asked the docs..

1. Documentation showing joint ownership of property
2. A lease showing joint tenancy of a common residence
3 Documentation showing commingling of financial resources which could include income tax returns, bank and credit records
4. Birth certificates of children born to you and your spouse
5. Other documentation establishing that your marriage was not entered into in order to evade immigration laws of the United States.
6. Evidence of co-participationof medical or life insurance in the same insurance plan.

so rearding req 1 -- can i show my joint bank account as property? which I don't have anything other than this as a joint property.
req 2 -- my mailing address is different from my aptmt address. will it be safe now to show our aptmt leasing aggrement...?
req 3 -- what could be the best documents to show this..?

req 4 -- we don't have children
req 5 -- what else we can show other than marriage certificate which I already submitted when filing I-485..?
req 6 -- I can show my health insurance cards. will this enough..?

please help me about this requirements..?
Is this letter is common for most of the people. I was little confused....:(
thanks in advance

I think that they do not neccesariliy require all items- obviously if you have no children there are none to show!!! but the idea is to suggest what items you can give them to prove you did not get married just for immigration- anything you have to show that you are a 'valid' couple would help.

good luck

HI GCgeek
Who is primary applicant in your case?
Is the primary applicant approved?

I am asking these two questions because, i am the primary on our applications
Nothing happening on my case but wife got an rfe

Thank you

gcgeek said:
1. Documentation showing joint ownership of property

---> House, Car, etc if you have any co-owned. Bank account is not a property.

2. A lease showing joint tenancy of a common residence

---> Showing ur lease will be a problem as it is not the same address as ur mailing address. Could lead to further doubts about your marriage that you are maintaining a different address for yourself (mailing) versus your wife (aptt address). I would suggest update your 485 mailing address to your aptt address immediately by filing AR-11 and then respond to rfe with lease papers. Ask a lawyer for better opinions though.

3 Documentation showing commingling of financial resources which could include income tax returns, bank and credit records

---> Get a letter from your bank/credit card companies and also send copies of your 1040 IRS returns (which you must have been filing along with your spouse)

4. Birth certificates of children born to you and your spouse

---> Don't have any - don't worry about it.

5. Other documentation establishing that your marriage was not entered into in order to evade immigration laws of the United States.

---> Utility bills dating as far back as possible. Hopefully, you have a few utilities under your wife's name and a few under yours, both having the same address.

6. Evidence of co-participationof medical or life insurance in the same insurance plan.

---> Get a letter from your insurance company stating that you both are on a family plan since XYZ date.

Is this letter is common for most of the people. I was little confused....:(

---> It is common for people who get married close to filing 485. Don't worry about it. Get the docs to them and you should be good.

zipper said:
HI GCgeek
Who is primary applicant in your case?
Is the primary applicant approved?

I am asking these two questions because, i am the primary on our applications
Nothing happening on my case but wife got an rfe

Thank you

Hi I got for mine too like employment letter and non availability certificate..

Thanks Atlantabhopali..

I don't have car or home along with my wife name.Car is on my name.
. Other documentation establishing that your marriage was not entered into in order to evade immigration laws of the United States.

---> Utility bills dating as far back as possible. Hopefully, you have a few utilities under your wife's name and a few under yours, both having the same address.

I don't have utility bills with my wife name every thing on my own.
Can I show my marriage photos..?..How do I have to respond for this.

Thanks inadvance

gcgeek,

The point of the RFE is to find out that the two of you are still maintaining the husband - wife relationship. Sending marriage photos or certificate will not help. They know you got married, but they want to find out if you are sttill married (as ppl get divorced or separated !) and that you did not file a frivolous application for your wife. Compare this to an employment verification query for yourself, where they want to know that you are still employed with same employer.

In response to the RFE you have to send any documents that has both your names on it. e.g. Any bank account, CD, Lease, or any paper that lists both your names. Tax returns are good proof because you file a joint return and your wife is listed on it. Also think of any documents that show the two of you as husband and wife. You do not need to send all the specific documets asked for, these are just examples USCIS has provided. Use your commensense and discuss with lawyer.

gcgeek said:
I don't have utility bills with my wife name every thing on my own.
Can I show my marriage photos..?..How do I have to respond for this.

---> Send any documents you have. If you don't have utility bills, you can't help it. The tax papers with both your names on them should work.

thank you all guys....now I got clear picture..
I will send the docs what I have which shows both of our names

I talked to my lawyer.first Iam going to apply AR-11 to change my address.
but when my 140 approved ,in the email they said I can call National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283. to change the address. Can I do this or Ar-11 ? which is better?
In AR-11 whats copy number from Alien card.? is that my EAD card# or I-485 A#..?
still Iam on h1(expired,applied for extension) I-94 card number..?
Please help me to finish this task..!
thanks in advance

You should call the INS with the number given to change the address for any of the pending case like 485. If you file AR-11, it will change address with Home land security files. So we have to do both, call INS and file for AR-11.

It is the A# in the 485.

Just a thought, You can add your wife as an authorized user to your credit card, that might say you both are still living together.