RFE for Special Registration

osmaniz

Registered Users (C)
I-485 Pending since Recipt Date: Aug 13, 2001
Finger Printing has been done twice already. They have issued 3 RFE's so far but the 3rd on is for the same thing.

In the 3rd RFE they are asking that since I was required to register, I must submit a copy of my I-94 with NESSERS information with the FIN#

Last time I entered the US in August 2002 on Advance Parole and hence was exempt from Special Registration. They asked for the same information in the 2nd RFE and I submitted a copy of I-94, Passport and Advance Parole with an explanation why I did not have to register. Is there any documentation available that I can submit to BCIS in addition to what I submitted in the 2nd RFE. I really need some additional supporting documentation to submit with my response to the 3rd RFE. I have frequently asked questions for Special Registration which states that if you enter on advance parole you are exempt from special registration. I would appreciate any information the group can point me to.

osmaniz,
I think you can go to your local office and tell them about that. At least try it!! They may be able to help you. Ask them for a copy of the document that says you don't have to registed. Ask your attorney to write it very boldly in your response and that should resolve it.
aghajan

Hi!

I also got an RFE for NSEERS, and I reentered US using AP on jan 2003 therefore exempt. What I (my attny) did was sent a copy of my I-94, tickets and plane boarding pass showing that I was last inspected on Jan 2003, a copy of the BCIS call in anoncement, with the part where they say that people coming in after Spet 30 2002 are exempt form NSEERS, and a AILA memo on BCIS memo that people on AP are exempt from registration. I don't know if this works, since I have not heard anything yet. :) But we responded the same for my RFE on my 3rd AP and EAD, and they accepted them and approved my AP/EAD apps.

My lawyer said that all BCIS office pretty much know that people coming after 9/30 are exempt from SR, but he said that there seems to be some confusion about people on AP. Some local office insisted that parolees need to register, while some other office stated that parolees are exempt from SR. I actually erred on the safe side, and tried to register, and turned back by the local office, saying that I was exempt. The officer told me that I should not get a speeding ticket for not speeding!

I was afraid at first, since my lawyer sent back a nasty letter (1/2 complaining) that the BCIS should be know better of these rules, and even decorated the press release and call in anouncement with colourful hi-lighters :p to get their attetnion. Well I hope they are not pi$$ed.

LEt's keep each other updated on this.
:confused: :confused: :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
DaoMingTze

Can you please send me the link or copy AILA Memo on BCIS Memo. I have a copy of the BCIS Call In Announcement but I woulld alos like to attach the AILA memo in supporting documents.

thanks
Osmaniz

SOrry, I don't have the AILA memo handy, you might want to search AILA's website, or contact your lawyer, he/she should have one.