RFE for Self & Dependent Spouse

uvg

Registered Users (C)
Today (7/11) our case status has been updated with requesting for additional information (RFE) for both primary & dependent spouse. Status: “On July 11, 2006, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case.” Whoever, there is no change in status for my two children.

My question is, what could be the RFE especially when they issue for both primary & spouse at the same time.

Hi uvg,

RFE can be for anything really?.. but the most common looking at your dates could be for medicals.. did you submit your medicals along with your 485? if so, maybe they want you to do it again as it has been over 15 months..

Rfe

To give you an idea:

RFE issued on: July-11-2006
Attorney Received letter on: July-18-2006

Primary Applicant RFE:

1. Submit copy(ies) of the Form I-797 or I-171C approval notice(s) relating to any extension of stay or change of nonimmigrant status that have been issued to you

2. Submit a legible photocopy of all pages of your most recent passport

3. Submit an original letter on company letterhead from your current employer stating your date of hire, duties, remuneration and prospect for continued employment

4. Submit your earnings statements for the last two (2) years. Further, submit your pay stubs for the three (3) most recent pay periods.

Dependent Applicant RFE:

1. Submit copy(ies) of the Form I-797 or I-171C approval notice(s) relating to any extension of stay or change of nonimmigrant status that have been issued to you

2. Please submit a legible photocopy of all pages of your most recent passport

Case background:

Substitute Labor by future employer.
Maintained and renewed twice H1 and H4 status by the current employer. Getting ready for one more extension based on the pending self labor.
Primary did not use EAD.
Dependent used EAD after entering on H4.

Action:

I plan to send EVL by the current employer in addition to the Payslips, W2s, I-797 and passport copies. Do you see any issue here?

can u tell me at which service center is ur case pending ?
i'm waiting for my rfe notice and it has not arrived uptil now.

Uvg,

These are standard RFE questions. It should be straightforward for you to reply to these. However, since you are using a subsitute labor, just double check and make sure that position, duties etc.. match the labor, in your employment letter.

Uvg,

when you are saying that you are planning to send a EVL letter from your current employer means the employer for whom you are working now or who has filed a GC petition for you(I guess you have mentioned that your GC is on your future based employment).

I am sending EVL from current employer not future employer. They did ask only from the current employer.

VSC received my RFE response today (7/28). How long does it take for them to look into the case? What's the trend? (note:FBI name check is already cleared.)

Hi uvg,
I guess your case is EB3...mine is EB2 and I was reading murthy.com website last week and Ms. Murthy mentioned no visa numbers available for EB2 for months August and September even the priority date is met. Not sure what this means.

Approved

My case is approved today (Aug-18-2006) along with all my family members. I got the email at 4pm EST.