ramasamy munusamy

Registered Users (C)
I received RFE for myself, for

RD 08/06 ND 09/25 FP 12/07 RFE issued 07/10/02 received RFE in hand 07/15

1. copies of the passport - all pages
2. Employment letter
3. paystub for the last month
4. 2000 & 2001 tax return with w2 forms

Hoping this is a good sign that somebody is working on my case.. sending reply today..:rolleyes:

dma_va,

You can get copies/signature notarized from a public notary. They basically attest to the fact that the document being copied is a true copy of the original copy. Likewise, you can also get your signature notarized certifying that it was you who signed the document.

There are public notaries everywhere. Many bank branches have at least person who is a public notary. Or you can find it is places like kinko's or "mail boxes etc". Also you can try searching these sites:

www.123notary.com or www.findanotary.com etc. I have never used these sites because I know a couple of notaries in the area.

Good Luck with the RFE!

I just sent xerox copies...

To get notarise, I usually go to the banks... There are notary publics everywhere... in Malls etc.,... But for RFEs, no need for notarization..:)

ramasamy,

Thanks for the update. But is this a fact (not needing to notorize) or you just sent phtocopies based on your experience/gut feel.

I don't think you need to notarize these documents. I have not heard of people notarizing for RFE's. Ramasamy should be ok.

BTW, fast job in sending the documents ramasamy!

Usually xerox ok for INS for 485

dma_va,
usually xerox copies are sufficient for 485 purposes, unless explicitly told to get notarised. When INS says copies, it means xerox (photostat) by default.

P.S: One document that I know for sure, INS always expects notarized, is the "affidavit of support". But it says clearly that it needs be notarized.

A photocopy would be okay. That should be good news for you because that would me that someone is working on your case.
Once you send in your requirements, expect a response in a few weeks.

good luck as i expect rfe

i am sure, I will also get rfe for damn birth certificate. I got it from Indian Consulate and as I see they don't accept it. MY RD is Oct 1/01. I am waiting for dleays with rfe, not happy about it but can do nothing. Good luck to you Ramaswamy.

Has anyone got approval with Birth Certificate issued by Indian Consulate.

Notarized documentation is not needed

I too got an RFE. I don't know the details. I had called Vermont Service Center and asked whether I need to provide notarized copies for the requested evidence. They told me that we need to provide Photo copies of the documents unless it is clearly specified in the RFE. I hope this clears the confusion.

ramasamy munusamy,

How long do you think it takes from now to get approval?

A month? or few months??

I got RFE too. But I don't know the details.

wish you good luck.

thanks

RFE reply received on July 24th by INS..

I checked AVM yesterday and the message says "reply for the RFE has been received on July 24th and it is taking between 365 days to 540 days..anyway since preliminary processing has been completed it may take only 500 days".. I think INS has problems with AVM.. But good news is RFE reply has been received by INS..

It usually takes between 1 week to 4 weeks for approval from the date of RFE reply receipt..

INS is issuing RFEs randomly.. I did not change my job, address or anything else for that matter..

Paraj,
My colleague got approval with the birth certificate from Indian Consulate.. So it depends on the officer handling your case just like any other thing.. Good luck. Anyway, getting RFE is not bad always, but yes, it will delay a bit..

Last edited by a moderator: