RFE for official transcript

flyer010

Registered Users (C)
Today I got the RFE for education, ATP and tax documents. I don't worry about the last two, but for the first one, CIS perticularly asked for my official undergraduate transcript which I don't have right now. If I send request back to my uninversity, I worried about the slow handling and delivery could make me miss the deadline. Is there any other alternatives? Is a notarized copy going to convience them? Any one who had same experience please advise. Thanks in advance.

flyer010 said:
Today I got the RFE for education, ATP and tax documents. I don't worry about the last two, but for the first one, CIS perticularly asked for my official undergraduate transcript which I don't have right now. If I send request back to my uninversity, I worried about the slow handling and delivery could make me miss the deadline. Is there any other alternatives? Is a notarized copy going to convience them? Any one who had same experience please advise. Thanks in advance.

You dont need the orginal, they just need the photo copy. You can send all the marks card you have. Even they asked me the same. Infact I have lost my 4th years marks card. I had a photocopy which i sent them. If need be you can get 3rd party degree evaulation done.

nothing to worry about.

I-140 RFE - Education / W2

Here is the email from my company attorney to my HR dept on my I-140 RFE. I have taken copies of all statement of marks and degree and diploma certificates, W2s , educational evaluation certificates (all - color copies from KINKOS) and mailed it to my lawyer, and my lawyer has certified all my color copies as the copies are looking like original and mailed the documents along with her response letter to CIS. No update or RFE after that Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
From Attorney to HR dept:
1. Evidence on the beneficiary's education submitted was incomplete. The transcript listing the subjects completed and grade for each was not submitted. (We have the transcripts but would appreciate your asking <My Name> if he has legible copies. Some of the copies we have are not very good).

2. Please submit evidence to establish that the beneficiary possesses the education from <Names of Universities> listed on the Form ETA750. We submitted the degree certificates already, and will send the transcripts, but if < My Name> has better copies of his transcripts, that would help.

CIS specifies that evidence of education should be submitted on the institution's official letterhead or stationery indicating the courses taken and credits received, and any certificates or degrees.

CIS does not specifically state that they want originals from the schools, but we are wondering if that is what is being asked for? Can you ask <My Name> how hard it would be to get original transcripts from the schools?

3. CIS has also requested the date of hire with <My Company Name> and copies of <My Name> W-2 forms from his priority date of May XX, 2003 to the present. Could you please have <My Name> provide us with copies of his W-2s from 2002, 2003 and 2004.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------