RFE for NIW-based I-485, how to answer this?

caiyw

Finally got my RFE for NIW-based I485, among other common things (legal status, I-94 etc) it specifically asks me to

"...submit a detailed letter of support to verify that you will indeed continue working within your field of endeavor in the United States..."

I can ask my employers to verify what I have done since the submmission of 140/485 till now, but I am not sure how to verify that i will continue doing so.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

Caiyw001

Hi,

I'm sorry I can't provide any insight on this. Could you please let me know

1. if there was a valid reason for USCIS to believe that you might be changing field of endeavor, i.e. did you change your address/employer?

2. have they asked you to provide a letter yourself or from your current employer?

thanks.

1. No reason for USCIS to question. I changed jobs, but it is in the exact field of endeavor.

2. USCIS did not specify whether the letter should be from me or the employer, the sentence in the quote is their exact sentence in the RFE letter.

thanks caiy001,

i am myself expecting a similar RFE as i will also be changing employers soon after approval of my i-140/niw. i will be really grateful if you let me know how you ultimately handle this situation so that i can prepare myself in advance.

caiyw001 said:
1. No reason for USCIS to question. I changed jobs, but it is in the exact field of endeavor.

2. USCIS did not specify whether the letter should be from me or the employer, the sentence in the quote is their exact sentence in the RFE letter.

Go ahead and answer the RFE with a letter (or several letters) from your current employer and senior associates. Although, I hadn't changed jobs, I did apply and receive an EAD. This could have led them to believe that I had changed to a position that was not in the national interest. So my RFE too wanted evidence that the new job was also in the intrinsic national interest which it was.

memsg,

Thanks for the reply, how long did it take between RFE acknowledge by USCIS and approval for your case?

caiyw001 said:
memsg,

Thanks for the reply, how long did it take between RFE acknowledge by USCIS and approval for your case?

I noticed increased online activity for 140 and the followed by 485 within 3-4 days of RFE receipt. However, the actual approval notice for the 140 came in the mail 14 days later and a message that said the 140 was approved 14 days after RFE receipt. I think their date information is not very reliable. But all that does not matter now.

to caiyw001

Hi caiyw001,

could you please tell me how you responded/plan to respond to the RFE for your I-485 application?

thanks.

To Caiyw001

Hi Caiyw001,

It seems you had experienced a very long journey. You filed 140/485 concurrently in 2002, and 140 was approved in 2003. Why the 485 took so long a time? Do you mind to share some experience?

BTW, I don't think this RFE is any significant - just answer that in a straightforward way as others suggested.

Sinai