RFE for I485

AgentM

Registered Users (C)
If the I485 application generates an RFE will it be for the employer or the employee?

Thank you.

Thank you.
It's been more than 6 months since my I-140 was approved and the I485 application was sent.
Is there a possibility that the RFE will request information from the petitioning employer?
I am planning to change my job, and I am afraid that the employer may not give this information.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are safe. Make sure that the USCIS has your latest address on file so that all mail comes to the correct address.
Also if you 485 was filed by the attorney for your former employer, you can send in a G-28 form so that all correspondence from the USCIS comes directly to you and not the attorney.

Once the I-140 has been approved, the employer is out of the loop. The *applicant* applies for the I-485 based on the I-140, not the employer. An attorney could assist this part, if desired, and most applicants use the attorney of the employer by default. The applicant can actually do it himself as well.
So any RFE's at this stage will (and should) be directed towards the applicant.
If you quit the sponsoring employer, the employer *could* revoke the I-140 but as long as you've satisfied the rules of AC21 it will not impact you.
In practice, very few employers actually try to revoke the I-140, as there is no requirement that they do it and it provides them no benefit.
In your case, you have little to worry about.
I hope you are enjoying your new job. :)

nj_skm,

Even though I was not the one who asked the question, I still wanna thank you for the help you are offering in this forum even after getting your GC.

Kudos to you my friend.

god bless you

-GCFinder

nj_skm,

Even though I was not the one who asked the question, I still wanna thank you for the help you are offering in this forum even after getting your GC.

Kudos to you my friend.

god bless you

-GCFinder

I don't quite know what to say.
There are lots of others who have helped me and others: UN (he was one of the best, too bad he left), TheRealCanadian (UN's successor!) just to mention a few.
I take this opportunity to thank all these guys and other who volunteer help in these forums.
The GC process is a pretty stressful exercise and my kudos to everyone who helps out the others in the same boat as themselves.
nj_skm