RFE for I-485

tiff07

Registered Users (C)
It\'s my first time using this message board. If I don\'t reply, please pardon me .....
I have received the RFE from the INS, requesting a tons of documents from me. Am I the only one with this situation???

1. Evidence of Maintenance of Status:
a. submit a copy of every I-94, arrival/departure record, a copy of every I-797 approval notice for extension of stay or change of status and if applicable, a copies of all I-20-IDs for F-1 status, copies of pertinent school records, transcripts and degrees or diplomas received from every school ot university attended since in the United States. ( it\'s really stressed me out when they said " every copies of all " )

2. Last Country of foreign residence

3. Prospective employment letter

4. AC-21 Letter

5. Proof of employment

6. Ability to pay wage

7. Copy of your passport - all pages including blank pages

Kindly comments. Is it b\'cos my lawyer didn\'t do a good job????

as far as I know

I had submitted most of the documents mentioned above except ofcourse the AC-21 which was not applicable in my case.

AC-21letter

In the letter, it states:
"If you are no longer in the employment of the I-140 petitioner, submit a letter from your current employer on original letterhead stationary ( not photocopy ) showing you are employed fulltime ( 40 hrs per week )in a permanent job as outlined on the I-140 petition."

Looks like your lawyer screwed-up.

Most of the required evidences are standard filing documents (e.g. passport, employment letter, etc). These should already have been submitted when you filed.
Better clear it up with your lawyer or find and retain a more qualified one.
Good luck.

sometimes CSC loses your complete file and resorts to RFE method to recover. They have the info in their computers but they do not have the documents in their hand. This is the reason.

Now the AC21 portion clearly requests that in case you have changed job etc etc.

Your Lawyer has not made a mess.

CSC has lost your entire file.

No Title

Either your apps went to a screwed up person or your lawyer sent a blank application with just your name and address!!!

tiff07,

INS lost your file even though they have the information in the computer. just resend all the paperwork initially submitted when you filed for form I-485. Be calm, It happens

Wrong.. I think.

The kind of people that this country wants is exceptional people educated in other countries and exceptional outsiders studying in this country. That being the case, I dont think they would have different standards for people who came in as a student and for people who did not. I think this is pure speculation and we will be well served not starting new rumors.

thank you

IT sounds logic to me. Thank you and tatax for your comfort. Really feel so stress what\'s going on. Hope to get mine ASAP. Thanks guys.

received rfe

I called the AVM on the 4/11/02. The message changed from process resumed to need more info. on the adj of status. I called my lawyer last friday 4/26/02 to see if they had received the letter from INS.At first, she told me "no" then I told her I called up the AVm , and they required more info from me. It\'s already 26th, and the letter from INS is not there yet? She later put me on hold, and said that the office had received it earlier. I asked her to fax me a copy immediately. Probably they received it earlier but... luckily I called them or else they will let me know before the due date to submit the docs.

got a similar RFE

I got a similar RFE last week. The only difference was the RFE asked for all F1 related docs (no H1 related info requested). It also asked for all paystubs and W2 since applying for 485.

My guess is that it might be new check/procedure implemented recently. I donot have any reason to believe my lawyer goofed up. It is possible that CSC has lost my file. And lastly, my 485 was filed from a start-up, which could have also triggered the RFE.

Anyway, I sent all papers to lawyer and we will reply shortly to the RFE. Then wait and watch some more.

It would be interesting to see if others are getting RFEs with similar long list of items.

485 was applied in Aug (WAC 01 286xxxxx)