RFE for I-485

QueenBee

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I got an email last week on my case saying that an RFE was issued. I wanted to know how soon I will receive this RFE and will my attorney receive it or will I also get a copy of the RFE at my home address?

Please help!

My details:
EB3 RIR India
PD: April 2002
I-140/I-485 RD: August 2003
I-140 AD: Feb 2004

Usually within a week you should receive it after LUD change. They also say if you do not get the information within 14 days you can directly contact INS and see what is going on. Normally your lawyer only receive the RFE, you can directly contact him/her to know what the RFE is for instead of waiting for actual copy mailed to you from the attorney office, so that you can start geting the needed documents ready for responding RFE. Recent RFEs that I heard are EVL, Date Of Birth affidavits, Medical.

RFE Received

My attorney said that the RFE asks for updated Employment letter from my employer.

What should the letter contain? Any suggestions? ideas?

Thanks.

QueenBee said:
My attorney said that the RFE asks for updated Employment letter from my employer.

What should the letter contain? Any suggestions? ideas?

Thanks.

It should state that you are currently working with the company and it should state your salary. One thing I found that worked for me was, I send copies of pay stubs for the last five months. My RFE did not ask that. But I send anyway to prove the point. Good luck. Your approval is close by.

EVL format

EVL format

-------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the format given by my attorney. He directly sent to my new employer and got the letter typed on the letter head and signed by manager. Please remember that mine was AC21 case. Hope this helps. I got I-485 approved after two weeks sending the RFE response.

========================
April 8, 2005

Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services
Nebraska Service Center

Subject: Mr. Applicat's Name

Dear Examiner:

By this letter, we confirm that Mr. "Applicat's Name" has been and currently is employed full-time by our company as a Senior Software Engineer in xxxxxx city, state. His start date was June 30, 2004 and he currently earns a salary of $$$$$/year.

In this position, Mr. "Applicat's Name" is responsible for developing best practices for the software development team; developing complex PL/SQL stored procedures/packages to extract data; bla, bla, bla.(JOB DESCRIPTION THAT WAS ALMOST SIMILAR TO THE ONE IN LABOR APPLICATION).

The position of Senior Software Engineer with our company requires a Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Information Technology, Computer Science and/or Engineering (mechanical, electrical, civil or industrial) and/or
bla, bla, bla.(JOB REQUIREMENT THAT WAS ALMOST SIMILAR TO THE ONE IN LABOR APPLICATION).

We understand from Mr. "Applicant's Name" that an I-140 petition filed by another US employer on behalf of "Applicant's Name" has been approved. Since our company did not file the petition, we are not privy to the terms and conditions listed in the petition and, therefore, cannot attest to whether the terms and conditions of the petition continue to exist.

If you have questions or require additional information, please contact me.

Sincerely,

No. I got laid of from my company even before my I-140 approval, so I didn't want to take any chance by filing AC21. They somehow came to know I changed the job (probably my previous company informed them of the layoff). Generally they say it is better to file AC21 (But when you don't have I-140 approved why do you want to let them know). Anyway in my case both I-140 and 485 were pending for more than 180 days at that time. I heard they ask for EVL whether you file AC21 or Not if you have changed the employer.