RFE for Finger printing

sacpat74

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I got RFE today for fingerprinting. I had gotten it done earlier in December 2001. God, this is rediculous. They already have my fingerprinting on there record, why can't they just run it again thru FBI. Did anyone receive RFE for the same?

RD: 09/17/2001
ND: 09/27/2001
WAC-01-296

Your FP got expired and the point is that they want to run your FRESH FP through FBI. Since the last FP scan done, you could've committed some crime with fingerprints that are no more recongnizable.

I have an appointment on 05/10 at San Jose, does anyone have any clue how long would it take after fingerprint is done? Well I know, its kinda tricky question, coz even god doesn't know whats INS upto?

FP in San Jose is easy

sacpat74,
San Jose FP office is nice. Half hour is usual. You can go there before your scheduled time.

Don't blame me it is from my lawyer

"Mr. X read your email and asked me to let you know that it will probably take 4-6 months for us to receive the green card approval. here are only a few officers and usually only one day a week is devoted to going through approved fingerprints and clearances and matching them to the files."

I have been waiting for more than 2 months after FP and no approval yet.

Originally posted by stain
Your FP got expired and the point is that they want to run your FRESH FP through FBI. Since the last FP scan done, you could've committed some crime with fingerprints that are no more recongnizable.

If fingerprints are no more recognizable, how FRESH FP may help?

Lets say that an officer is working on a case, then submit an RFE for employ. verif and then resume the adjudication of this case a few months later. However at that time the fingerprints are expired according to the INS rules. Will he submit an new RFE for fingerprints or will he continue working on the case without new RFE since he already worked on it a few months backs?

If someone has moved out of california to a different state but the case is still getting processed in CSC and recieves a FP notice, what would he do , where would he go ?

vipsha,

Dude, did you get FP done again 2 months ago??? If you did, thats hella scary. Perhaps I would end up getting green card thru my child (well he would obviously born in USA, and will file for my greencard as soon as he turns 18. And guess what, I am not married yet, and don't wanna have child for another 3-4 years, so do the math). God Bless Me!!!!

Why do they ask for FPs again after 15 months?

It is possible that one may commit crime since last FBI clearence. So it is logical to have some limit to that FBI FPs clearence. It seems that limit is 15 months but the question is why do they need applicants FPs again? Con't they use previouly done FPs?

Here is what I think.

case1: Probably the systems keep that FP info for only 15 months and after that purges that record (may be a legal requirement or privacy). OR Just runs the FP check and passes results to BCIS but doesn't store those FPs any where in the first place! Note that FBI maintains FP database of only criminals and suspected criminals only.

case2: May be the BCIS FP check system that talks to FBI is set up in such a way that the request can only be originated by some one going and doing FPs at ASCs.

- PCee

Caviar,

Well I can think of only 2 options... either move the whole processing to appropriate center for that state or just fly down to CA for FP. I would definitely go for latter option.

Hi Guys,

I just found out.... INS is going to have CHAT online system, where you can chat with INS personnel including officers working on 485 cases directly. No more waiting forever for getting thru INS tel #. And guess what???? The more you chat, the better chances you have to get approval.

******************This is just my dream*****************

Originally posted by sacpat74
Caviar,

Well I can think of only 2 options... either move the whole processing to appropriate center for that state or just fly down to CA for FP. I would definitely go for latter option.

Caviar,
I would also take the second option, if I have to. At this stage moving the processing to a different center will further delay the processing to an indefinite amount of time.

It will ofcourse cost a lot of money. Plane fare, car rental, hotel fare etc.

I was just wondering, if it is possible to have the FP done at local center since the FP processing goes thru the central body of homeland security.

Will see what can be done if such a situation arises.

Thanks for sharing your view.

Sacpat74,
I think it is a good news for your RFE of finger print. You can get approval within one month after you finish finger print, perhaps one week :) . Have you ever received any RFE?
Good luck!

Yeah, I did get RFE for W2, Pay Stubs around same time last year. Well I really hope you are right.... I just can not wait to hear or see these certain words.... This application has been approved, coz its been ages.

sacpat74,

Actually my wife had interview at sfo and at the end of interview officer ask her to do FP since her first FP was just expired and now we are waiting for her approval.

yes you can try doing FP at some other center and don't forget to ask their supervisor since at gate security office might say that we don't do it but try to have a word with supervisor.

We flew from MA to CA for our FP in Sep'01, thinking that we will get approval in 2-3 months but our bad luck I am still on this board.

hey - sacpat -I am starting to think you are right about getting gc through your child - except she has to be 21 not 18 according to my lawyer - I already tried that route - at least mine is 4 months already - so I'm ahead of you !!!