RFE for education and evaluation -- Please Help !!

LCstat

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,
I am a Mechanical Engineering graduate with 11 years experience , with last four years in the software field , at the time of applying the LC.
I got a RFE in my I-140 for education. In the LC my attorney put the major field of study as Computer Engineering and no other equivalent or anything related. In the Advt she has put the computer science or related.
She also did not do evaluation in the labor stage. Now I got RFE to get evaluation to show it is equivalent to Computer Engineering.
I tried to get evaluation and the center wants to give equivalent to Computer Information Systems and Engineering and NOT computer Engineering. Did any one go through this kind of problem? I am wondering if the CIS and Engineering equivalent is good enough for the purpose, or , is it mandatory to show it same as the one in LC?
Please help me,
Thanks
LCstat

LCstat said:
Hi guys,
I am a Mechanical Engineering graduate with 11 years experience , with last four years in the software field , at the time of applying the LC.
I got a RFE in my I-140 for education. In the LC my attorney put the major field of study as Computer Engineering and no other equivalent or anything related. In the Advt she has put the computer science or related.
She also did not do evaluation in the labor stage. Now I got RFE to get evaluation to show it is equivalent to Computer Engineering.
I tried to get evaluation and the center wants to give equivalent to Computer Information Systems and Engineering and NOT computer Engineering. Did any one go through this kind of problem? I am wondering if the CIS and Engineering equivalent is good enough for the purpose, or , is it mandatory to show it same as the one in LC?
Please help me,
Thanks
LCstat

Hi LCstat,

Since your labor says Computer Engineering, I believe, you may have to match this as close as possible. I am not sure if this is mandatory.

Probably the best you can get your degree evaluated is that your degree is equivalent to Computer Information Systems and Engineering. The lawyers may prepare a response that shows Computer Engineering or related field is sufficient for the job giving the proof of advertisement/job contents ...

May be some more forum members can advise you if they had a similar experience. Some people have succeded after submitting the evaluation with the combination of 4 year degree and a computer diploma to match the major field of study.

By the way, can you please quote the name of the evaluation center that you have used?

Thanks,
dwd123.

Hi !!

Hello dwd123,
thanks for the reply,
I did the evaluation from Trustfortecorp and just wondering if I should try some other also to see if I can get it as computer engineering ??
It will be helpful if some one in the forum can tell me if they got computer engineering from a mechanical degree,
thanks

LCstat

LCstat said:
Hi guys,
I am a Mechanical Engineering graduate with 11 years experience , .....

Please help me,
Thanks
LCstat

Hi:

If this Labor is applied for you (and not a Substitute) ... try getting it ammended through your employer - talk to the Attorney. I have heard USCIS/DOL will allow small changes to the Labor Cert. You can also get an education Eval ... and it should be easy if you combine these both to get your 140 approved.

best of luck.
msd_gc.

MS mech + experience to CS equi was done

My lawyer did it from some univ prof. I am MS in Mech Engg.

btw, Best of luck to all and I appreciate everyone's constructive collaboration on this forum.

LCstat said:
Hi guys,
Please help me,
Thanks
LCstat
Hi looks like i have same problem with Major Field of Study

I got an email saying RFE issued. Who gets the RFE mail wheather attarney or Employer ?

Thanks
hp
I140/I485 - ND/RD 11/28/1003
I140 -RFE 03/03/2005
PD - Aug 2002