RFE for EAD after 485 Approval

Kulfi

Registered Users (C)
Just now I got an email asking RFE for my EAD. Don't know what it's for.But most probably it's because of photo, I sent the side pose instead of front pose.

But anyway can I ignore the RFE since I already got my 485 approval?

You don't need EAD. If you don't send the documents for the RFE, your application for EAD will be denied. So what? You are a permant resident!!! You don't need both EAD and AP any more.....
Am I right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Kulfi,

First get it stamped and then I would advise you to reply to that RFE. Its illegal on your part not to reply to any RFE from USCIS. draft a letter with a help of your attorney and explain that you have been approved already and presume not necessary to reply to this RFE.

Nathang said:
Kulfi,

First get it stamped and then I would advise you to reply to that RFE. Its illegal on your part not to reply to any RFE from USCIS. draft a letter with a help of your attorney and explain that you have been approved already and presume not necessary to reply to this RFE.

Thanks. I'll do that. I am not going seek help from Attorney they may charge $200 for that :). I'll write a letter myself.

Kulfi said:
Just now I got an email asking RFE for my EAD. Don't know what it's for.But most probably it's because of photo, I sent the side pose instead of front pose.

But anyway can I ignore the RFE since I already got my 485 approval?

As suggested by others, first get your passport stamped. Then attach a copy of your stamping and a copy your I485 approval letter with RFE and reply mentioning that as you are in PR status you don't need EAD card anymore. You don't need any attorney's help for this matter, because he/she will charge you/your employer $$$ unnecessarily.

And, there is no harm if you sit quiet and don't reply your RFE. Eventually your EAD application will be denied whether you reply your RFE or not.

Kulfi said:
Thanks. I'll do that. I am not going seek help from Attorney they may charge $200 for that :). I'll write a letter myself.

You don't need to pay $200 for this silly matter. You got your GC. Therefore spend that money for better reason. Throw a party and spend $200.