RFE for Birth Certificate; Hindi to English translation issue; Pls help

spear

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,
I got an RFE for my Birth Certificate. Though I have still not received the complete details for the REF question, my best guess is that it is for the Affidavite I submitted to INS for Hindi to English Translation. I had got it done in Inida from a Notrary. But looks like INS does not like this :(
If you all can share your thoughts as to how can I get it Translated from Hindi to English I will really appreciate it. Since it has to be done by a Notrary, should I go to an Attorney or should I go to a court. Pls Pls Pls share with you experience....

Here is one sample I could get a hold of, but not sure where to get it done from. Who will do the translation, will it be Notrary?

Cheers
RD 06/20/02 EB3 India, Detroit, RFE on 03/15/02, FP 12/27/01, PD 12/98

------------------------------------------------------

Commonwealth Of Pennsylvania:
                                                 :SS
County Of Philadelphia:

AFFIDAVIT

______________________, being duly sworn according to law, deposes and says that ______________________ is familiar with the English and languages, and that the attached translation(s) of (a) certain ____________________________relating to
_________________________ the original of which is (are) in the ________________
language is (are) (a) true and correct translation(s) to the best of __________________
knowledge and ability.

Sworn to and subscribed:
Before me this day:
Of 19 :

You can get it done by a Bank Notary.
You take one of your friends who knows Hindi to Bank and he will have to certify in the format before notary.
Good Luck

You can get it doen at the Indian Consulate

You can get your Birth Certificate done at the Indian Consulate for a $20 fee.

One more question

Thanks guys, I have one more question. My birth certificate does not have my mothers name and only has my Father\'s name. Will this cause any problems. If someone has faced a similar situation where the birth certificate only had Father\'s name, please share as to what is to be done in those cases. Should I get an Affidavite made for that?

Appreciate your response.

Cheers