RFE for BC

GKNair

Registered Users (C)
I submitted my BC which was issued in the year 2000. So should i expect an RFE for BC? Has anyone got approved without an RFE for BC in a similar case?

As per the trend you should get RFE for BC .It wont hurt if you are ready with the affidavits ..one from dad and other from mom . If you have any other supporting docs be ready with that too . It will save you lots of time.

I got following RFE

Submit any secondary evidence in your possession to support the information you have provided about your birth and parentage. Secondary evidence will be evaluated for authenticity and credibility. Such evidence may take the form of historical evidence and must have been issued contemporaneously with the event which it documents. Such evidence may include, but is not limited to, medical records, school records, and religious documents. Affidavits may also be accepted provided that they are sworn to by persons who were born at the time of and who have personal knowledge of the event to which to which they attest. Any affidavits must contain the affiant’s full name and address, date and place of birth, relationship to the party on whose behalf they are attesting, if any, and complete details concerning how the affiant acquired knowledge of the event.

Can anybody give their input about the documents required to fulfill the RFE

Hi Kiddy,

There are number of thread on this subject of RFE on BC. Please refer to that.
I had exactly (99%) same RFE. And I prepared the list of documents with the help of this forum only. My lawyer was of no help. So, refer back to the earlier threads. If you don't find it, I can give you a list of docs, I am going to submit soon on my RFE.

Mugdha.

Thanks Mugdha.

I'll look for them. Are you submitting Affidavits of BC? If so how many? and where did you pick your sample?

Kiddy,

I submitted affidavits from my mother and my father when I filed for I-485. But they wanted older document to prove the parentage. So, I had to prepare other documents.

So, to answer your questions,
1. I don't think i will be submitting that again as I already submitted them.
2. Two affidavits of BC, one from my mother and one from my father.
3. I think my lawyer send me the format. But I read similar format on this forum couple of days back. I hope you will find that here too.

Hope this helps.
Mugdha.

To GKNair

Hi GKNair,

I am expecting the same RFE for me. I have one question for you - what is the date for "Date of Registration of Birth" on your Birth Certificate (note - I am not talking about "Date of Issue" of the Birth Certificate). Do you have the "Date of Registration of Birth" information on your birth certificate and if so, what is that date (is it near your birth date or is it in 2000??)

Thanks,
SK...

Going thru the threads I found following Info.

1) Affidavits from her Father and Mother
2) School Bonafide certificate with DOB and father's name
3) 10th Marks certificate with DOB and father's name
4) Inter marks certificates with DOB and father's name
5) Conduct Certificate with DOB and father's name
6) Passport with father's and mother's name

When you said other documents, are you reffering to 2 onwards?

Thanks.

sk2002sk said:
Hi GKNair,

I am expecting the same RFE for me. I have one question for you - what is the date for "Date of Registration of Birth" on your Birth Certificate (note - I am not talking about "Date of Issue" of the Birth Certificate). Do you have the "Date of Registration of Birth" information on your birth certificate and if so, what is that date (is it near your birth date or is it in 2000??)

Thanks,
SK...

hi sk2002sk,
it is 1999 , not near to my birth date. Will it cause any problem at all?
also I have the affidavits from my mom and dad with me in the case of an RFE.
As kiddy said, we ca send the other documents too as additional documents.

Hi GK,

Do you have the sample affidavit of BC from Mom and Dad? I am looking for those.

Thanks

Kiddy.

To GKNair

GKNair, Hi,

If my understanding of the issue is correct, you have got an RFE not because your Birth Certificate itself is recently issued - but because the "Date of Registration of Birth" on the certificate is recent. It means, your birth was not registered at the time you were born. Thats the real issue. Please let me know, if its otherwise - anyone thinks I am wrong?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
SK...

Actually, i didn't get an RFE. I was asking if they issue an RFE for all of those in this situation.

Would copy of affidavits do ?

When i originally files I-485 I provided a copy of Non Availability cert and
2 affidavits form my parents. But I sent the affidavit copies. 2 days back
RFE was generated. Are copies of affidavits acceptable ??

Will let you know when I get to hear about the RFE.

thanks

Late registration of Birth

Hi!

i filled my I-485 on 07/09/2003 at that time I submitted my Birth Certificate which I received from Municipal corporation after registering my Birth on 03/08/2003 i.e late register of Birth as mentioned on Bierth certificate Date of Registry 03/08/2003.My question is

1. Will I get RFE for Birth Certificate??

2. What kind of Additional Documents should I keep ready??

3. Can I get Affidavit from Mom & Dad right Now or should I wait for RFE??

4.should I submitt affidavit before they sent any RFE or just discuss with Attorney?

Please advise accordingly thanks in Advance

Hi Kiddy,
I got the sample letter from this forum itself. rightnow i dont have it with me, i'll send it if i could find it.

Thanks GK. It would be a great help if you can find the format for these affidavits. I am planning to send them to my parents this weekend.

GK: Have you notirized those affidavits? If you have not done

Can anybody shred some light on whether it is required to notirize them or not?

Affadivits are required to be notarized

typically affadivits are on stamp paper if prepared in INDIA and on plain paper if prepared in U.S.A. Either case notarized affadivits have been the trend so far.

I did the same for my RFE on B.C. Got approval within a week of RFE reply.

RFE on B.C is a common one. Nothing to worry about. please do not forget to provide old school certificates which as D.O.B to prove the authenticity.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL.

kiddy said:
Thanks GK. It would be a great help if you can find the format for these affidavits. I am planning to send them to my parents this weekend.

GK: Have you notirized those affidavits? If you have not done

Can anybody shred some light on whether it is required to notirize them or not?

I notorized the affidavits printed on stamp paper.
You can find samples in the following threads

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=139833
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=138345