RFE for AP

chandy

Registered Users (C)
Has anyone rec'd RFE for AP ?

I had filed for my second AP (since the first one expired, and my 485 pending) - I have got a RFE to establish my photo identity. They have asked me to submit color photocopy of some passport pages, and other documents that would establish my photo-identity.

Have there been any similar cases? Pls share your experience

chandy

What is your ND on your I-131 Notice of Action? When did you file for AP and where?

Thanks,

II filed second AP on June 28/2002 and I didn't get any REF. With my application I included unused AP that previously issued to me, I485 Notice of Action and I140. Since I am still holding a valid H1B status I never used AP to travel outside Of US.

I got the same RFE too from VSC. I had applied in Feb 2003. Got the RFE in May 2003 and Advance Parole in July 2003. The best part is the 2nd photo I sent was worse than the 1st one.

Thank you all for your replies.

I had applied for my 2nd AP at Nebraska Service Ctr in end-april 2003.

They have issued RFE for photo-id. From what Igather from here, I think I'd need to send the following -

1. Color-photocopy of passport pages showing my photo + name-id.

2. Color-photocopy of page showing my H1B visa

3. Unused AP that has expired

Would these be sufficient? or, should I add anything more? What do you guys think??

I had earlier sent my 140 and other required dox. I wonder why RFE happened as this is a AP renewal, not a first-time fresh application. Even if they require these, they could make the requirements clear right at the time of applying so that we are spared of the delays and any undue anxieties.

For what it is worth, my (first) AP has an RD & ND of May/27/2003.
I just checked it's status online, it says "On July 22, 2003, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued.". I'm guessing it's an approval.
Apart from the obvious documents, I mailed a black & white copy of my driver's license and passport.

RFe for I-131

I got similar situation. I applied for I-131.
My RD is 07/31/03. I was asked to send color picture ID
on 10/2/03. In reply to that I enclosed color copy of my driver’s license,my employment pass and a copy of the picture page of my passport.
The online case status states that they got the reply on 10/6/03 .

My question is, from now, how long do they take to approve my case?
If anyone has similar experience, can you please tell how many days INS take to approve a case like this after they receive the reply for RFE ?

I have booked my flight on 10/21/03 . Can I do anything to get AP ,before 10/21/03 if I don’t get any reply from INS by then?

Your reply will be greatly appreciated .

Thanks
Asha

Try going to your local INS office and see if they can give you any emergency AP or sth.
I am not too sure if anything like that exists, but do check with your local service center.