RFE for AP - Please reply

ashaI131

Registered Users (C)
I applied for I-131.
My RD is 07/31/03. I was asked to send color picture ID
on 10/2/03. In reply to that I enclosed color copy of my driver’s license,my employment pass and a copy of the picture page of my passport.
The online case status states that they got the reply on 10/6/03 .

My question is, from now, how long do they take to approve my case?
If anyone has similar experience, can you please tell how many days INS take to approve a case like this after they receive the reply for RFE ?

I have booked my flight on 10/21/03 . Can I do anything to get AP ,before 10/21/03 if I don’t get any reply from INS by then?

Your reply will be greatly appreciated .

Thanks
Asha

Very soon

Very soon....
Just relax.

Same thing happened to me.
I got same Query in EAD and I-131.
Sent Color copies of Passport and Driver's License for both RFEs.
After updating my on-line staus I was approved in 15 days.

My lawyer told after 9/11 they are insisting for more identifications. That is not a big problem.

Good Luck

While filing my 2nd EAD, a lawyer suggested that I make a photocopy of my driver's liscence and attach it with the application. This would supposedly pre-empt an RFE. I sent a B&W copy per the suggestion.

rgds,
sadiq

Not Yet received AP

Its been more than 20 days INS received reply for an RFE for my
AP . I haven't received any decision yet. Local INS says that, unless it is life and death situation they won't entertain this .
what other options do I have ?
I applied on 07/28/03, its been 3 months and any advice will
be appreciated .

Thanks
Asha

Do you have valid H1 ? (provided you are not used EAD)
You need your AP when you come back to US, so you can ask some one to mail it to you to the place you are visiting in other countrly once you recieve it here.
It may be little risky.

waiting_4_485

Note: I am not a legal adviser/lawyer. Please contact a attorney for adivce

My H1 is expired and I read that if I leave the country with out AP Approved while 485 is processing , INS may cancel green card processing .
So I don't know what to do.

Same thing I was wondering asha.

If you leave country and give your I94 at the airport , USCIS will know that you left country without approved AP.

BTW you might have cancelled your tickets of 10/21/03 , then better to wait.

Good Luck..

AP - Waiting

yeap I have postphoned my trip . Still waiting for approval.
I can't understand how they work . Processing times show that
they are done till 8/11 . Just wait with frustration

Asha

Once you receive a RFE you cannot consider your case as OLD notice date.

However time to process your case will be less since primary work on your file is done. USCIS is mentioning this.

But mostly this RFE was very simple. In my case it took only 15 days. You should receive it any time.
good Luck

I don't think it is a good advice that you leave and someone mail it to you!!! As a matter of fact you are endangering your GC process for nothing. You may need to be very careful dear. aghajan

rogertt2003,

No, I do not think it's true. In fact, I have seen on this forum that people generally get their AP approved in a couple of months.

I also second the previous comment made by others about not travelling before AP is issued. USCIS can use I-94 to track your whereabouts and this is especially true post-9/11.

There are different types of categories in I-131 some may take an year some may take couple months .
my application should take at the most 3 months . everytime i call ins i get different answer for my case . latest one is I should get by nov 15th.

AP Applied on 07/28
RFE on 10/02
RFE reply received on 10/6
Waiting for AP

Today afternoon the status was changed as the approved documents were mailed to me .
So I am planning my trip again