Rfe for advance parole after 485 approval

dwhatever

Registered Users (C)
I Just got a Rfe for my pending advance parole after getting approval on monday for my I-485, i thought that they would reject my EAD & advance parole after 485 approval..or could the 485 approval be an error? :eek:

On 08/28/06 i got the following message for my 485 application-
On August 28, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready. :p

Also, on 08/26/06 I did only fingerpriting and not biometrics (only Code 1), I thought for approval they need Code 3 :confused:

Appreciate any feedback I can get.

dwhatever said:
I Just got a Rfe for my pending advance parole after getting approval on monday for my I-485, i thought that they would reject my EAD & advance parole after 485 approval..or could the 485 approval be an error? :eek:

On August 28, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready. :p

Also, on 08/26/06 I did only fingerpriting and not biometrics (only Code 1), I thought for approval they need Code 3 :confused:

DO YOU THINK ONCE CODE 3 IS DONE APPROVAL WILL FOLLOW. I AM CURIOUS TO KNOW. I DID MY FP DONE LAST YEAR OCT. 2005 (CODE 3)

I dont know if "ONCE CODE 3 IS DONE APPROVAL WILL FOLLOW" but i do know that u need Code 3 to get the plastic card...someone please correct me if i am wrong...

dwhatever said:

What kind of RFE is it? Do you have the details?

No details yet on the Rfe..just the online meesage is updated...

Application Type: I131, APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT

Current Status:

On August 29, 2006, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 30 days have passed and you have not received the notice. Please contact the service center where you submitted your application during business hours.

dwhatever said:
No details yet on the Rfe..just the online meesage is updated...

Application Type: I131, APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT

Current Status:

On August 29, 2006, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 30 days have passed and you have not received the notice. Please contact the service center where you submitted your application during business hours.

Even we got an RFE for AP. It turned out to be that they needed a copy of the approved I 140 (inspite of the lawyer sending it).
Maybe you need to talk to your lawyer and see if this needs a response or simply wait for the card.

Good luck!

If your 485 is approved and card has been ordered, then the RFE for the pending AP would seem pointless, and the two may have just overlapped. You could ask your attorney if it needs a response, because clearly you do not need your AP approved (nor is it valid anyway after 485 approval).

My wife received an RFE for one of her APs, for a copy of our Marriage Certificate. It was already in their file. My lawyer said that sometimes it's easier for them to generate an RFE by pushing a few keys than physically going to the file and looking up the paperwork they want. <sigh>

I think WIK is right..
U dont need AP anymore. So its best not to respond to the RFE right now...as it is USCIS is so confused :eek:

I would still advise you to talk to your lawyer and decide what is best.