RFE Employer letter format request.. Important for all

vinayak

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

This question is mainly for those who has already received and responded for RFE.

My lawyer received RFE. Its for employment letter and pay stubs.. My lawyer is un-accessible today and I am planning to ask my company to prepare the letter today.. I can wait for one day but something came into my mind.

The RFE says letter should contain Position, salary, job responsibilities and intention to hire after getting GC..

So the question is, does INS wants letter in a specific format or any letter from the company covering above details will be enough.. Can anyone put the generic letter format togather (one which he / she has already sent to INS) and post on this board, this will help many of who receives RFE and wants to send right information for the first time itself.

Any help will be appreciated, as always.

Vinayak

No Title

I agree with Vinayak. A template letter will do good to many of us. Please help!

iamtired

No Title

Should the employment letter show the current salary or the salary in the Labor Certificate. In my case both salaries are widely different.

thanks

No Title

same deal here. I have major difference in the two . My understanding is that it should be equal or more than what was in original job offer (the letter that was sent with I485).

Any one ?

No Title

jsraman & MKH,

My salary is increased since filing of labor.. When I received the RFE, I had similar thought.. I talked with my lawyer and they told me that, it shouldn\'t be a problem.. INS expects raise so it will not be a problem.. I am not sure though, if same thing is applicable if current salary is less than the labor application salary.

Vinayak

No Title

Here is the format

Company Letter head

Immigration and Naturalization Service
Vermont Regional Service Center
St. Albans, VT

To whom-ever it may concern

We submit this letter in support of the application to Adjustment of Status (I 485) of ( candidate name)
(Company name) continues to employ ( candidate name) in the Permanent Full time Position of (postions shown on LCA) at an annual base salary of ( current salary)
Should you have any questions, Please contact the undersigned.
Thank You.

Name
Title

No Title

EB2 / India, RD 10/4/1999, ND 10/14/1999, FP 02/20/2001, RFE Issued 04/06/2001, RFE Received 04/12/2001. Still waiting for Employment letter so obviously RFE is not responded yet.

Vinayak,

No Title

Guys,

Thanks for the help from SmartFace and Asc.

I will start working on my Employer\'s Letter. RFE issued on 4/4, not responded yet.