RFE details for me RD OCT15

guruashok

Registered Users (C)
An original letter on company letterhead stating his date of hire, duties, remuneration and prospect for continued employment.

copies of earnings statements (paystubs) for the psat six months.

copies of federal income tax returns including all schedules and Forms W-2 and/or Forms 1099, for the 2001 tax year.

Thank god.
But why they need paystub for six months?
I have to findout all me paystubs now.
Does the company keep a copy of paystub ??

you are lucky

I know a guy who was asked to submit 2 years worth of pay stubs!

The company should be able to generate past pay stubs if you dont have them.

On oct 28th

On Oct 28th (monday). Lawyer recd on Nov 1st (Friday).
I will be sending papers tomorrow tomy lawyer.

Interesting.

Sorry to hear about your RFE. I am guessing you should not have any trouble with providing what they asked for.
Neverthless

I am seeing for the first time INS asking for "prospect for continued employment"....

I am pretty sure that my RFE is exactly going to be the same... What if the company intends to lay me off immediately after my project that ends on Dec15th.

Looks like I am screwed!

aln, I fear I may be in the same boat as you in about a months time or so.

Does anybody know how much time are we given to respond to an RFE? I am trying to see how much time I'll have to find a new job if I get slapped with and RFE and layoff around the same time.

if we don't have paystubs for past 6 months

then can we wait for another 3 months and collect the paystubs for replying to such RFEs?

Ashok,

Today I joined in your journey. My case is similar to your case but more complicated.

RFE issued on 17th Oct 2002.

Its for two things:

1. updated employer's letter
2. copies of paystubs for 5/1/02 to 10/31/02

Here is the issue.
As soon as I filled my 485, I got laid off without getting single pay stub. After three months got EAD,FP done and joined in company B using EAD with previous employer permission. Also I moved from Miami to Atlanta So I changed my address.

Now I contacted my previous employer. He said he is giving "leave of absence" employer's letter. He asked me send current employer pay stubs. Finally today I have sent all pay stubs for 5/1/02 to 10/31/02. One good thing he told, it might not be problem. Also he is sending all information to lawyer today.

What happend to your case? Did you send the reply? Did you know any one similar situation like me? Do you think what ever my previos company doing is correct?

GuruAshok

The company will be able to print the Paystubs for you.
My company has done it for me in the past.

I received an RFE similar to you. Can you please post as to what will you write for Prospects for continued employment?

I will let you know what my lawyer says.

Thanks,
Sagar

RFE - Federal Tax Return

Does the tax return have to show no tax owe to the government? What's the impact on green card if actually owe tax to the government on the return but paid in full with a check? And do you have to make a copy of the check as well to prove to INS that the tax was paid in full on 4/15?

As a tax accountant (yawn) I can tell you it's rare for returns not to show tax owed to the IRS so I don't think that's what they're looking for. If the return shows an amount due, INS may check with IRS to see if there are outstanding amounts due. I'm not sure though, that's a guess.

I submitted my returns to lawyer but all showed refunds so I can't really help you. The lawyer did just ask for copies of the returns though, no evidence of payment.

I hope that helps! Good luck :)

help me please

I sent all documents INS requested to lawyer.
Right now i am facing another problem.

On labour compeny mentioned $80 per annum
But right now I am getting less than that.

also my 2001 w2 says less than $80K.

now lawyer don't want to send RFE reply now and feels company should rise my pay in another two pay check and to show $80K for this year. why he wants that.

If lawyer does that i have to wait for another two months.
20th Jan 03 is the last date to reply RFE