RFE case APPROVED on 13th June as per AVM !!!!

koel_h

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

At last I heard those magic words \' This case has been approved...\' last night. How ever my wife\'s case is still not approved. Has anyone experienced this? CIBA, many many thanks to you for maintaining the list even after getting your approval and card.
WAC-00-258-5xxxx EB2 RIR INDIA
PD 1/99
ND 9/00
RFE on 1/17/01 for medical, quarterly wage report(DE6) and corporate IT returns
RFE reply sent 2/2/01 and INS did not receive it.
RFE reply sent again 4/11/01
RFE received by INS on 5/3/01
AD 6/13/01 as AVM waiting for approval notice.

Thanks,

No Title

Congratulations!!

Two Qs- How did you find out that INS did not receive your RFE reply first time? And you mentioned "RFE received by INS on 5/3/01" - Is it that AVM acknowleged receipt of RFE on 5/3 or did you get return receipt on 5/3.

Congrats again.

No Title

There was a mistake made by attorney. The ZIP code was not right.
And USPS did not deliver the express mail to INS and also they did not return it to the sender. Week before the last date to receive RFE ( deadline 4/17/01) I became suspicious. So, I got the tracking no. from lawyer and found out the whole mess.
The second reply was sent on 4/11/01 and it was delivered to INS on 4/14/01 ( it was a Saturday!). AVM reflected this on 5/3/01.

No Title

hi, koel_h,

can you kindly provide the zip code for RFE? And I suspect
my lawyer also messed up the zip code. Both me and wife got
RFE, and the lawyer mailed my docs and I mailed my wife\'s, but
later on I find that the two numbers following zip codes are not
the same.

The addresses are
PO Box 10590, XXXXX, CA 92607-0485 (for my wife\'s case)
PO Box 10590, XXXXX, CA 92607-0590 (for my case),

The po box are the same but the last four digits following the zip
code are different, do you thinks this would be a problem?

No Title

Does RFE(I-140) mean INS asks for a new I-140 because the company\'s name changed (spin-off)? How long does RFE(I-140) take? Does it take the same time as regular I-140?

No Title

Hi,
Please let me know as to how many years tax returns of the company have been called for?
Ammu

No Title

Yes. I\'m referring to the RFE\'s for amended I-140 during the I-485 stage.

I don\'t have any idea how long it takes. My lawyer sent in my reply to RFE on April 25. No receipt yet. And My lawyer sent in my amended I-140 application around May 1. No receipt yet too.

I heard that amended I-140 takes a shorter route than regular I-140. But I haven\'t seen any evidence yet on this discussion board.

One issue is that with the 180-days rule, should INS issue an amended I-140 RFE still? Looks like it should not since the rule stated you can move to another company and still reuse your LC and I-140 from previous company.

>> Does RFE(I-140) mean INS asks for a new I-140 because the company\'s name changed (spin-off)? How long does RFE(I-140) take? Does it take the same time as regular I-140?

No Title

Hi weiqi,

In my case the address was
PO Box 10485, CA 92607-0485

It would be a problem if the mail is not delivered to INS on time. Even if it was delivered, it might reach the IIO late. Why don\'t you get the tracking no.s and find out?

-koel_h

No Title

1998 through 2000. But we have sent only for 98 and 99 as 2000 tax returns were not filed then.

- koel_h

No Title

Once we send the RFE does it goes the adjustication desk again or the IIO directly?, any body knows this correctly. And approx. how long to wait after INS says it received your RFE.