RFE case approved after 6 days ! ND 10/04, RFE received Oct 23, AD Oct 29

Karin

Registered Users (C)
Just called the AVM and heard that my case has been approved.

ND 10/04/00
RFE issued 8/31 (employment letter, was not included when I-485 was filed)
RFE received by INS 10/23
AD 10/29

AVM changed today, November 1st

My case was difficult since I was laid off, put on leave of absence, re-hired with a big pay cut...I\'m going to post more details after I got the champagne out of my system...

Good luck to everybody out there still waiting, especially those which got RFEs or are still waiting without hearing anything while everybody else got already approved.. hang in there!

Thanks! !!! I checked the AVM every day...

and allthough the approval date is 10/29 according to the AVM, the message changed only today.

I called the first time at about 7 PM today and since then I\'ve called about 50 times to hear the wonderfull words again. Last time about 10 minutes ago. I think I\'ll get addicted..

No Title

congrats Karin.

however, dont call so many times. It clogs up the line. You know addiction is bad, right? ;-)

Congrats and my waiting is still on...

It\'s great to hear that some people are indeed luckier than others. I have been waiting impatiently for last 3 weeks to hear that magic words of approval but so far I hear the same story. My rfe was updated in VSC AVM on OCT 9th and since that day I make myself addicted to call them few times a day to get over my frustration. I am beginning to dream about "540 days..bluh..bluh." and now I wonder when these bad dreams will end. I guess I have to stop coming to this site to control my frustration. Nevertheless I wish all the best to Karin and 100 others who waited for me patiently and got rewarded a little sooner than otehrs. Chill out...just keep rocking...

Sorry to hear that SMSU....

I know how it feels if you read about all the other approvals and nothing happens to your case. But then, all of a sudden, it will be there...it will be soon for you too!

But actually, waiting for the RFE approval was less bad than fighting with my employer for an employment letter...

In the end it\'s like getting a baby: once you\'ve got it, you are so happy that you\'ll forget about the pain very fast...

Yes, I think the leave of absence helped me...

...because it meant that my I-485 was still valid (happened before 180 days) and therefore my EAD was valid. I worked for another company during that time. The problem is that nobody can really tell you what you are allowed to do and what not. Being on a leave of absence showed at least the intention to return to my sponsoring employer and if nothing else - it made me feel better....By the time I got the RFE I was back on the payroll of my sponsoring employer.

Luckily, I have never been questioned about it.