RFE: can only guess...

merovingian

Registered Users (C)
Hey everybody,
It was 4.5 month calm after I applied for I-485. Today, on march 24 I have recieved email that RFE was issued. I can only guess, that they need more documentation from work. Maybe paychecks? Kind of unpleasant feeling no matter what the RFE requests. Any ideas?

Weird, but RFE requested the stuff I already sent them.
Copies of I-797 notices, I-94, I-20, IAP-66, passport identity pages (both side copies of every document).
Also currently dated letter from prospective employer that position is still available and the duties (this was sent with I-140).
Replied and hope for the best :)

merovingian said:
Weird, but RFE requested the stuff I already sent them.
Copies of I-797 notices, I-94, I-20, IAP-66, passport identity pages (both side copies of every document).
Also currently dated letter from prospective employer that position is still available and the duties (this was sent with I-140).
Replied and hope for the best :)

May be they were not satisfied with copies!!! just a guess send a better photocopy!!!

I have to rule out the quality of copies. I would not send bad copies, it is just too risky :)
Well the only explanation I can come up is I-140 got filed, as the other change status case files. And it is easier for them to request RFE than dig in the file stack.
Of course it is my assumption. It could be that they needed one thing, but requested bunch more just to have it as backup copies...