RFE but no email. no LUD, no status changes (PD not that old) Is it possible?

Cerruti

Registered Users (C)
I got RFE (for additonal information). The letter says this office is unable to complete the processing of your application without further information. It asks for additional evidence of my nonimmigrant status for the last ten years.

I've never received the RFE by email nor on online status message changing and no LUD change either. Lawyer sent it to me yesterday but the letter issued like 10 days ago and I have only 30 days from the issue date to comply. There is an officer number on the letter too.

1. Is it normal not receiving email on RFE, no message changes on online status and no LUD change but you receive RFE? I got only one LUD after FP in July.

2. Does it mean my case was assigned to an officer already and does it mean my namce check is cleared then? I wonder because I just submitted I-485 in June 2007.

3. Wishful thining if it's possible a visa number was assigned to my case in June? My I-140 just approved about a cople months ago.

4. What do I expect after sending REF? Probably not much to nothing.

EB3 ROW
PD: early 2005
I-485: RD June 2007 (TSC)
Received EAD and FP

I got RFE (for additonal information). The letter says this office is unable to complete the processing of your application without further information. It asks for additional evidence of my nonimmigrant status for the last ten years.

I've never received the RFE by email nor on online status message changing and no LUD change either. Lawyer sent it to me yesterday but the letter issued like 10 days ago and I have only 30 days from the issue date to comply. There is an officer number on the letter too.

1. Is it normal not receiving email on RFE, no message changes on online status and no LUD change but you receive RFE? I got only one LUD after FP in July.

2. Does it mean my case was assigned to an officer already and does it mean my namce check is cleared then? I wonder because I just submitted I-485 in June 2007.

3. Wishful thining if it's possible a visa number was assigned to my case in June? My I-140 just approved about a cople months ago.

4. What do I expect after sending REF? Probably not much to nothing.

EB3 ROW
PD: early 2005
I-485: RD June 2007 (TSC)
Received EAD and FP

I think this is becoming a routine. I got my GC approved and got the physical card and the approval notice, but even today the online status is "case received and pending". I guess the online system has some patches to be downloaded :D

Good luck on your RFE. Hope your case gets resolved and you get your green card soon.

-Navneet

Hi Cerruti

I called them today TSC IO said they sent an RFE on Oct 15th. NO LUD and NO email.

When was your RFE issued? When did the lawyer get it? I have not received them yet.

I think your NC cleared but does not mean that you have a visa number.

Can you post the details of the RFE please?

Thanks

very coomon for your lawyer to receive RFE and without you getting any email or case status update on the RFE. Same thing happened to me except that my LUD changed and also the case status changed saying RFE requested. But strangely no email even though case status changed for me.

Its been a month since I replied to the RFE almost and still nothing after they receive RFE you will see 2 to 4 LUDs on your 485 and then again the activity stops, my case status did change to RFE received and pending and you will hear a written decision in 60 days, only time will tell.

RFE doesnt mean anything, definitely there is no visa# assigned at this point to your case

Also after you reply to RFE and then the officer reviews your RFE then he will forward it to another officer that is when your case is assigned to an adjudication officer. Adjudication officer is entirely different from an officer who issues RFE.

I have talked to TSC IO about 5 times since I replied to my RFE 20 days ago and only after RFE they assign your case to an officer

Visa# is assigned to your case only if visa bulletin is current for your category

good luck to you.

I called them today TSC IO said they sent an RFE on Oct 15th. NO LUD and NO email.

When was your RFE issued? When did the lawyer get it? I have not received them yet.

I think your NC cleared but does not mean that you have a visa number.

Can you post the details of the RFE please?

Thanks

The letter issued date is 10/09 and lawyer received it about 10 days later I think. RFE only asks for evidence of maintenence of nonimmigrant status since the day I came here till the I-485 filing date and nothing else. It asks for additonal info. like all I-797 approval notices, I-20, I-94 departure record, passport, etc.

How likely is that they will issue RFE more than one time?

I've seen few people whose's PD were not current and received green card. How could that happen?

Interesting Online Status Vs GC Approval

I think this is becoming a routine. I got my GC approved and got the physical card and the approval notice, but even today the online status is "case received and pending". I guess the online system has some patches to be downloaded :D

Good luck on your RFE. Hope your case gets resolved and you get your green card soon.

-Navneet

navneetsharma

Interesting Online Status Vs GC Approval

Congratulations!! It was good to know that you have received the GC a week ago. I would like to hear from you little bit more from you because what you state has given me some hopes.

My PD is Oct-2003 - EB2 - India. My RD for I-485+I-765+I-131 was June 14, 2007 and I received my EAD and AP in August 2007. Completed the FP in the 2nd week of August 2007. My family's RD for their I-485+I-765+I-131 was July 6, 2007 and they received their EAD in the first week of October 2007 but not their AP as yet. Their FP was done in the 2nd week of October 2007. I saw LUDs for my I-485+I-765+I-131 after FP and approval of my EAD and AP. My family has LUDs only on their EADs but no LUDs after their FP.

It has become so difficult to see a pattern from the USCIS as regards their processing of the various petitions.

Any response would be greatly appreciated.

Congratulations once again.

IE

Hi Cerruti

Hi Cerruti,

Thanks for your information. I am still waiting to hear back from my lawyer. It has been 7 days but he has not received it yet.

Are they asking for all the I-94 arrival/ departure records? I only have recent records ( may be couple). would it cause any probelms? But I have all my approval notces ( all prior H1s, EAD, APs etc)

Thank You

Same here, had no LUDs on 485 since FP Code 3 in May 07.

RFE was rec'd by law firm regarding maintenance of status and marriage certificate. No LUDs, status changes email whatsoever.

After RFE answer was returned, I've received 3 LUDs with "RFE received blablabla", but no email notification. For RFE we resubmitted approval notices of L1 and L1 extension, including copies of current I94 and copies of passport pages containing the entry stamps when I entered first time on L1 and extended L1.

Since then two weeks and counting and no further LUDs/emails or status changes, needless to say no GC.

BTW I am EB2, ROW, so I am current.....