RFE but no 2nd FP, what's up?

wandergirlus

Registered Users (C)
My attorney told me yesterday that my RFE is for employment which I don't worry too much about. My question is that my FP was expired back in June. My logical thinking is that they should send out 2nd FP requirement b4 the RFE or at least sent them together. I haven't received any 2nd FP request what so ever. Can anybody who is in similar situation shed me some light?

WE received our FP notice after the RFE and our FP expired way before the RFE date. So, don't worry

My PF expired 3 months ago. I asked my lawyer: will BCIS send 2FP notice soon? He said: "they will if they think they need".
So I am a little confusing: Maybe BCIS will approve your case without sending 2FP even though yours is expired? Has anyone heard this kind of example?

2nd FP after RFE response

FYI

Received our 2nd FP notice last week. Ours is expired (Based on 15 months logic) 09/28/03. Our RFE response recived by them on 10/15/03 and the 2nd FP notice was generated on 10/20/03.

Per the 15 months logic my 1st FP expired on July 31st.

There was a RFE on my case on July 1st and response received by BCIS on July 23rd.

So far no movement is seen on my case too. I asked my lawyer about it. His opinion is that although it is true that the life for the security clearance is 15 months only but it is not true that everyone should get a 2nd FP notice. He says that he has seen several cases getting cleared without 2nd FP. Also, his belief is that BCIS asks for 2nd FP only if the officer attending a case feels that it is required.

Another statement he made was that if for some reason some of the checks were incomplete on a case then BCIS would request for 2nd FP. If there was a case where all the checks were satisfactorily done then based on the 15 months policy the officer may or may not ask for 2nd FP.

Thanks

Hi,

Our 1st FP expired in April and we recieved 2nd FP notice and got it done on Sept 20th. But before getting 2nd FP notice we got our 4th RFE in 1st week of Aug for Employment details and sent them the response on Aug 20th. Still waiting.. and have no idea when our case would be approved. Just hope that they don't issue a 5th RFE.:(

v_indian

v_indian,

4th RFE? I am guessing you break the record.

What is the reason for BCIS keeping sending so many RFE?
Would you like to share us what are those 4RFE for?

Thanks,

Hi GC_waiting1,

Yeah i think v r the only ones with 4 RFE's. Details:

1st RFE : Affidevit for Birth
2nd RFE:Affidevit had mothers name spelled different then in her passport(SUNITRA INSTEAD OF SUMITRA)
3rd RFE : Birth Certificate required
4th RFE: Employment letter from Employer

Then came the notice for 2nd FP. Got FP done on Sept 20th.. checked with FBI, they sent it to BCIS in 2 days ie on 22nd Sept. Since then we r waiting , haven't heard anything from BCIS. After all this we r just waiting to hear the words APPROVED :), but don't know what BCIS has in store for us.

v_indian

man that is sad

4 rfes but then some of their are genuine it should be around the corner the approval:D

v_indian

now i can understand why NSC is slow. may be everybody is working on your case. *** just kidding ***

can you provide us all dates - pd, nd, rfe dates etc.

did you contact any senator to expedite your case. because i dont understand why there are this many rfe and this many processing. infact they could have sent all the queries in just one rfe.

unfortunately you cant expect any logic from bcis

Thanx all, for making us smile !!! Its nice to read all the responses. It makes all the wait little easy . Our date details are :

RD : Oct 01
1st EAD : Dec 01
1st FP : Jan02
2nd EAD Dec 02
3rd Ead applied in Oct 03
2nd FP : Sept 03

I am surprised to read that they sent you RFE b'cause your mothers name was mispelled. I am surprised that they read it in such details.

I wish we had that power of sending INS an RFE.

They have issued two EADs or APs to us till now. And in my husband's case either his name on EAD is mispelled or AP during both the times. And then they issued me 2nd AP with my maiden name when I have changed my name while filing 140 & got 1rst AP already with correct name.

It is weird.

Mugdha.

I have done my 2nd FP on Nov 20 (last Thursday with the notice). I called FBI today and they told me the result has been sent to BCIS the same day I did my FP (wish BCIS can be this efficient). My RFE for employment was sent to BCIS on Wednesday, Nov 19 by my attorney. Now what?!

Is it normal? Or anything alarming..

RD 12-20-2001
ND 12-21-2001
1st FP 05-02-2002
RFE 07-18-2003
Replied 09-26-2003
BCIS received reply and resumed on 09-29-2003

2nd FP ???
AD ????

Pls throw some light. Your answers or suggestions are highly appreciated. I am worried.