RFE, Birth certificates and affidavits --please advice

CoolRaj_03

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I got a RFE about 693 supplement along with the birth certificates. THE RFE itself was very general and didn’t state any particular things, they are looking for.

Now, for 693 part I just obtained the supplement document from the Doctor stating all the required vaccines.

But I have a following question about the Birth certificates.

I believe that we submitted [spouse, son and I ] our birth certificates with the original 485 application for each one of us. Apparently the certificates itself are proper and conforming to standards required by INS. Do we just resubmit the same Documents or they want any other supporting Documents along with those birth certificates?. I am not sure, why they have asked the birth certificates in the RFE, when they are supposed to have them on file and does mention if the previous one was missing anything...

My lawyer suggests filing the birth affidavits anyway to play it safe, but that draws another following questions.

My parents are here visiting us on a tourist visa. Can I get the affidavits notarized in this country ?
And if yes, since I can get my birth affidavits pretty quickly, and it will take some time [at least 10 days from today] to get the affidavits for my spouse, Does it make sense to file the response separately so that I can submit my earlier? .Reasoning, I am the primary applicant and hopefully they process mine quicker and she can get her guaranteed approval later without any worry.

Any useful inputs will be appreciated,

-CoolRaj

o problem on getting your parents to sign the affidavit and get it notarized here. My wife did just that when her parents visited her.

It might be safer to go ahead and send your RFE documents in as soon as you get the paperwork ready. The cases in anycase are adjudicated seperately. And if she has been sent a RFE as well, it shouldn't take her too long to get adjudicated.

CoolRaj_03 said:
Hi All,

I got a RFE about 693 supplement along with the birth certificates. THE RFE itself was very general and didn’t state any particular things, they are looking for.

Now, for 693 part I just obtained the supplement document from the Doctor stating all the required vaccines.

But I have a following question about the Birth certificates.

I believe that we submitted [spouse, son and I ] our birth certificates with the original 485 application for each one of us. Apparently the certificates itself are proper and conforming to standards required by INS. Do we just resubmit the same Documents or they want any other supporting Documents along with those birth certificates?. I am not sure, why they have asked the birth certificates in the RFE, when they are supposed to have them on file and does mention if the previous one was missing anything...

My lawyer suggests filing the birth affidavits anyway to play it safe, but that draws another following questions.

My parents are here visiting us on a tourist visa. Can I get the affidavits notarized in this country ?
And if yes, since I can get my birth affidavits pretty quickly, and it will take some time [at least 10 days from today] to get the affidavits for my spouse, Does it make sense to file the response separately so that I can submit my earlier? .Reasoning, I am the primary applicant and hopefully they process mine quicker and she can get her guaranteed approval later without any worry.

Any useful inputs will be appreciated,

-CoolRaj

Could you post your case details. Resubmit the copy of birth certificate. Good luck!

CoolRaj_03

Affidavit is definitely the thing you should do. Get 2 affidavits and send it. I have never heard that it needs to be notorised. I never did mine. All it needs is your parents signature and affirming the facts. Since they are signing under oath you dont need to get it notorised

The affidavit is should look like the one below

AFFIDAVIT OF BIRTH

I, xxxxxx , do hereby solemnly state and affirm as follows:

I was born on xx May 19xx, at xxxxxx, xxxxx
I have known xxxx since the day she was born, because I’m her FATHER
I personally know that she was born on xx Feb 19xx , at xxxxxx, xxxx because I was present at the hospital during the time of birth.
The full names of the parents are xxxxxxxxxxxxxx(FATHER) xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (MOTHER)
My current address is xxxxxxxxx, xxxxxx, xxxxxx

Date: xx March xxxx ____________________________
(Print Name) xxxxxx

I hereby declare under penalty of perjury pursuant to the laws of the United States of America (28 U.S.C § 1746) that the foregoing is true and correct

Executed on xx March xxxx at xxxxx,xxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
INS_Takes_for_ever,

Thanks for your input. Do I need to mention in the affidavit that they are currently visiting US ?

GCusa99,

My details are in the signature. I just added them. Thanks for the best wishes.

Titan01,

Getting it notarized, was something that was suggested by my lawyer. I see it from INS_takes ... post, that he got it notarized too.

You need to submit 3 Affadavits

I think it is safe to submit your uncle's or aunt's or closest relative's Affadavits along with your parents.

Titan01 said:
I have never heard that it needs to be notorised. I never did mine. All it needs is your parents signature and affirming the facts. Since they are signing under oath you dont need to get it notorised

BAL

Here ya go, direct quote from a lawyer's website. Good luck either ways.
-----------------------
Indian Nationals: If a birth certificate does not exist or it does not contain all of the required information as stated above, a sworn affidavit executed by both parents (mother and father) may be submitted. For a sample affidavit by both parents, click below.

Sample Affidavit by Both Parents

Alternatively, if either or both parents are not living, then the missing affidavit(s) can be signed by any other close relative older than the applicant, who is not party to the application and who has direct knowledge of the birth event and circumstances. Two affidavits are required. For a sample of the affidavit, click below.

Sample Affidavit by Close Relative

The affidavit must specify the relationship between the signer and the applicant, how well the signer knows the applicant, date and place of the applicant's birth, the names of both parents, and any other related facts. The affidavit must be signed and notarized. For a sample affidavit by a close relative, click on the link above. The affidavit can be modified accordingly.

140_takes_4ever said:
BAL

Here ya go, direct quote from a lawyer's website. Good luck either ways.
-----------------------
Indian Nationals: If a birth certificate does not exist or it does not contain all of the required information as stated above, a sworn affidavit executed by both parents (mother and father) may be submitted. For a sample affidavit by both parents, click below.

Sample Affidavit by Both Parents

Alternatively, if either or both parents are not living, then the missing affidavit(s) can be signed by any other close relative older than the applicant, who is not party to the application and who has direct knowledge of the birth event and circumstances. Two affidavits are required. For a sample of the affidavit, click below.

Sample Affidavit by Close Relative

The affidavit must specify the relationship between the signer and the applicant, how well the signer knows the applicant, date and place of the applicant's birth, the names of both parents, and any other related facts. The affidavit must be signed and notarized. For a sample affidavit by a close relative, click on the link above. The affidavit can be modified accordingly.

From my personal experience you do not need to notorise. But it doesn't harm any thing to get it. The question is, does your situation allow you to do that if so please go ahead with this. Btw I got approved without the notorisation

140_takes_4ever said:
o problem on getting your parents to sign the affidavit and get it notarized here. My wife did just that when her parents visited her.

It might be safer to go ahead and send your RFE documents in as soon as you get the paperwork ready. The cases in anycase are adjudicated seperately. And if she has been sent a RFE as well, it shouldn't take her too long to get adjudicated.

140_takes_4ever,

I am awaiting your reponse on the following.

>Did your wife mention in the affidavit that her parents were visiting her in the US and provide any "current" address of Residence [essentially a US address at the time of affidavit declartion.

Advance Thjx,
CoolRaj

Birth affadivits

I am in the same situation. My parents are here on a visit. Can I get affadivits from them while they are here..

Earlier I did submit affadivits from them on stamp papers issued from INDIA..

INS is asking again a non-availability of BC and secondary evidence like school certificates and affadivits..

Please provide your input.

-GG

GreenGuy said:
I am in the same situation. My parents are here on a visit. Can I get affadivits from them while they are here..

Earlier I did submit affadivits from them on stamp papers issued from INDIA..

INS is asking again a non-availability of BC and secondary evidence like school certificates and affadivits..

Please provide your input.

-GG

No harm in getting the affidavits here. I did exactly that. But I guess you need other Docs as well, as you mentioned.

-CoolRaj