RFE Birth certificate - bombay - Gurus Help Please

ubhavsar

Registered Users (C)
Hello ,

I got my approval last month. But my wife have a RFE requesting Birth Certificate or Non-availability ceritificate from civil authority.

* I have already got a birth certificate from Embassey. But most of the people says it is not valid.

* I have applied through www.yourmaninindia.com but services is useless. Work still not done after 1 month.

She is born in Bhuleshwar , bombay area at some private hospital in 1974.

How can i get my wife birth certificate or non availability ? Does anyone have any recent experience ?

I need an address if someone have. I am thinking to fly there to get birth or nonavailability certificate.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Not a problem. You have to get an affidavit from India. Your mother-in-law and father-in-law has to declare that your wife was born to them. It has a specific format. Search in this forum, it's psoted somewhere. CIS will accept this affidavit in place of the Birth Certificate. I know lot of my friends who has been through this. So, should not be a problem. You don't have to go to Bhuleshwar to get her Birth Certificate. :)

ubhavsar said:
Hello ,

I got my approval last month. But my wife have a RFE requesting Birth Certificate or Non-availability ceritificate from civil authority.

* I have already got a birth certificate from Embassey. But most of the people says it is not valid.

* I have applied through www.yourmaninindia.com but services is useless. Work still not done after 1 month.

She is born in Bhuleshwar , bombay area at some private hospital in 1974.

How can i get my wife birth certificate or non availability ? Does anyone have any recent experience ?

I need an address if someone have. I am thinking to fly there to get birth or nonavailability certificate.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Non-availability certicated may be issued for those who were born before 1969. After 1969 the law allows to give birth certificates from local offices/registrar offices or municipal offices. The chances of getting non-availability certificate are slim.

You Dont Have To Go To India To Get Bc

I had the same problem where in my original BC was torn as it was pretty old.
My Mom went to the Municipal office in Mumbai and got the Birth Certificate.
So I would say that if you have any relatives in mumbai you can ask them to go get it.

garun said:
Not a problem. You have to get an affidavit from India. Your mother-in-law and father-in-law has to declare that your wife was born to them. It has a specific format. Search in this forum, it's psoted somewhere. CIS will accept this affidavit in place of the Birth Certificate. I know lot of my friends who has been through this. So, should not be a problem. You don't have to go to Bhuleshwar to get her Birth Certificate. :)

She already provided affidavits with her I-485 application and that's why this RFE for non-availability certificate.

Way off. affidavits work only when you also produce non-availability cert.

request a friend or family (or whoever) to go to the local municipality to "some how" get this cert or birth cert.

This requirement of submitting birth certificate is very well known. How did you let it slip until this point?

garun said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Birth Certificate

I agree... affidavits work ONLY along with a non-availability certificate.

Generally, if there is a problem with getting a non-availability certificate, any competent court in India may be petitioned (with other evidence, such as a school leaving certificate with the D.O.B, adduced) to issue a court order to the municipality concerned to retroactively register the birth and immediately issue a certificate.

You will need a lawyer in India to do this... parents / family can help.

You must submit copies of the BC and the court order to USCIS.

This is not theory. Has been done. Hope this helps.

Ask any of your immediate relative to go to local municipal office and apply for copy of birth certificate . my brother got me my birth certificate in 2 weeks.

anuup.

Thank you very very much all of you .

Yes I have tried almost everything to get a Non-avilabilty certificate from BMC but they says due to security reason they can not issue Non-availbility certificate anymore.

Niladri30 , I have search lots of Thread about this. Someone also suggested that thing about lawyer. Do you know anyone who did this successfully ? Do you have some more info on this ?

Folks , getting Birth certificate in Bombay is not as easy as lots of people think just giving some money and BMC would issue certificate.

My problem is wife real birthdate no-one knows because her father expired 2 yrs ago. And mother have not remebered because she is too old and not sure whether really she has correct birthdate. Although from school record i got a passport xx/xx/xxxx birthday. But we could not find Hospital record nor municipal record to get her birth certificate.

Municipal corporation is refusing because of record. I will try to find more option of court ordering BMC to issue birth certificate.

ubhavsar,
BMC has perfect records for last 50 years if you were born in a decent
Hospital in Mumbai that follows the regular process on informing BMC.

It was piece of cake to get my Birth Certificate from BMC. Took
exactly 1 day. And I had to repeat this to get another one with
name corrected which I got in another day. They had my records
from like 30 years back.

And it does help to grease some palms. However, if the records just
don't exist then people will not fabricate a story for you.

But, you must be born at some decent sized Hospital or nursing
center. That is the catch.

ubhavsar,

I know of a co-worker from Tamilnadu who did this (court order). I had seen the court order at that time.

I agree with desi-bartender though: records exist for any decent sized hospital in BMC.

niladhri,

Thanks , I am talking to few lawyers for that option. but it is time consuming. I can not wait too long.

I have sent few friends to BMC to issue either Birth Certificate or Non-Availability record certificate. But they are refusing because on the give birthday no record found in their register.

Is there any other short way to force BMC to issue certificate ? I have school records , passport , certificate from consulate , affedavits all to prove that birth date is xx/xx/xxxx.

Still needed expert advice ? waiting for any gurus ?

also check the possibility of late registering the birth using whatever evidence you have. Don't know about BMC but I did that 3 years ago. I hail from a small town in northern India. Only difference is that I was born before law mandating birth registration came into effect.

ubhavsar said:
niladhri,

Thanks , I am talking to few lawyers for that option. but it is time consuming. I can not wait too long.

I have sent few friends to BMC to issue either Birth Certificate or Non-Availability record certificate. But they are refusing because on the give birthday no record found in their register.

Is there any other short way to force BMC to issue certificate ? I have school records , passport , certificate from consulate , affedavits all to prove that birth date is xx/xx/xxxx.

Still needed expert advice ? waiting for any gurus ?

goodsaint,

I have seen some your posting of BC. You have excellent knowledge of it.
I got a registration of my mother after 58 yrs of birth in ahmedabad and Got BC. I am here and do not know much about functionality of BMC.
My In-laws does not have any proof or documents from hospital. Even the hospital is no longer in business. Last I heard about that hosptial is doctor is died even. I am trying to reregister birth on the bases of passport/School record. But don`t know whether would it work or not. But trying.
I know it would be easy in some small town or if you have right contacts. I have not gone personnally to BMC but I have sent 1 friend , 1 relative and www.yourmaninindia.com services to BMC. None could get successfully.

Ubhavsar

Hi Bhavsar,
BMC has kept all records very well. Unless you are trying to get a date on a certificate which is differerent than the actual birth date.

Even in that case try to go through agent and need to spend anywhere from 2500 to 5000 RS. to get non availability certificate.