RFE...AVM message...Concerned..Pls respond

sanj12

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks, Recently I received an RFE for employment letter, pay stubs etc which I responded to it. I checked the AVM today and it says “On October xx, we received your response to the evidence requested. It will take 365-540 days for this type of case. However, since the preliminary processing of this application was complete before we ask for additional information, the remaining processing time will take approximately 540 days. We’ll mail you a written decision about this case”.

I’m confused and concerned. Does it mean it will take additional 540 days from the day they received the RFE or is it a general message for all those who received RFE? Please respond to this and express what you think. I would like to know whether others also heard such message on AVM but there case got approved in weeks. Thanks. VSC, RD/ND Jan 01.

Don\'t worry, it\'s just a sadistic joke...

I heard the same message. I think everybody does. My case was approved 6 days after the RFE receipt. I think I was extremly lucky, but normaly you can expect to hear something within 4-6 weeks.