RFE at last

I checked with my lawyer, he said, normally they do not submit anything more stuff than the minimum unless BCIS specificly requests. For example, if they ask for proof of marriage, he will only submit marriage certificate. I don't know whether his approach is good or bad, we will see

Hi guys,

I have not seen the RFE notice so not sure what BCIS asked for.. I only sent the latest documents to my lawyer for e.g. my latest bank statement, Tax returns for 2002 etc..

Lets hope that is enough information for BCIS..

Frust : forgot to add.. My marriage certificate from India was already submitted when my I485 was filed.. We were married before our 485 was filed.. ( Married in Feb 2001 and 485 filed in Jan 2002)... What my lawyer told me was they wanted to check for continuance of marriage.. (whatever that means..) so that is the reason he asked me to send those documents.. Lets see what happens..

:confused: :confused: :confused:

waiting02: We got married here in US and submitted the "US style" certificate in the original application. However, BCIS asked again for proof of marriage. I asked our lawyer whether the stuff you mentioned is necessary, and he said this RFE is stupid and no need to worry, he will send the certificate again. I am not sure who is being stupid here. I will keep you posted.

RFE...

Anybody know how long it takes to get the GC after an RFE. I got an RFE and sent the details in July and am still waiting.....

Reply to Frust

frust: I got a copy of the RFE from my lawyer and the RFE said exactly the same things that I posted earlier.. So the docs requested were from BCIS and not something that my lawyer cooked up...

My lawyer must have responded to the RFE yesterday.. so lets wait and see.. I also got a FP notice (2nd notice) for October 14th..

So just waiting patiently...