RFE Approval

anilt

Registered Users (C)
My case got approved after 4 1/2 years of wait. When I heard the message today I am very happy. Ciba please update mine, my handle on yours was anilt and I dropped it because of some odd reasons.

My Case Details

EB3 India
Priority Date : 3/5/97
FP : 8/22/00
RFE : 4/12/01
RFE Replied : 4/18/01
RFE Updated in INS System : 6/4/01
Approved : 7/6/01

Few things I like to share with you all is avoid calling IIO too often, when my lawyer called INS to check my status why I got RFE was that I called them too often and they wanted to make sure I am still with the company.

I wish you all good luck and this message board helped a lot.

No Title

Does checking AVM also constitute calling IIO?
I have got RFE but never talked to IIO. I only check AVM every day.

This is really height of callousness on behalf of IIO to make people wait more than 4 months if they call often though your suggestion of not calling IIO is RIGHT and however improper should be followed unless the case is too bad

No Title

Chennu, a question for you- yesterday you posted a message that there was no update in AVM for you. Today you said yours got approved on 7/6. Did you get the approval by mail and is AVM not updated? Pls let us know.

Thanks

No Title

Ravi0598, I checked my AVM only today and it said it has approved on 7/6. When I replied last I was already given up and said that. I have not yet received my approval notice by mail. The AVM says it has been approved and am waiting for the notice to arrive by mail soon. I am not sure how long that takes.

FYI, it took exactly 5 weeks from the day of RFE update on the system.

No Title

Hi chennu,

Congratulations on the approval. Your case is one of the
oldest pending case in the list. I am glad it is over.

Thanks for the info about the phone calls (I have posted
a message on isn.org to warn people of the consequence).

Enjoy your freedom, and best of luck.

ciba

No Title

Looks like I could also expect my green in the next couple of months. Congrats chennu ... You led me into a little mental rest by posting this message. Enjoy you green card and pray that we all get ours. My PD is around yours.. Jul\'97 EB3 FP 09/00. I also called INS a number of times... probable that is the reason I got an RFE. My RFE was for Employment letter and 3 years W2\'s. RFE sent out on Jun 14th Replied om June 25th. Witing for the VM to be updated for reciept. Congrats again.

No Title

Thanks all for your wishes. I got my RFE for 3 years W3, Employment letter and 3 months Pay Checks.

I wish all of you to get this in hand and enjoy the freedom in life. Without this there is absolutely no freedom, doesn\'t matter which good company you work for.

If you have any questions please ask me.

No Title

Congrats Chennu , this gives some hope to RFE cases , mine is quite similar RFE for W2,paystubs and hope for an approval soon ! Does the AVM definetly change to show that RFE reply recvd in every case ?
Did your lawyer make an enquiry thru IIO or fax enquiry ?
enjoy your freedom.